July 1, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. McLean Presbyterian Church, 1020 Balls Hill Rd., McLean. A group, sponsored by SIDS Mid-Atlantic and facilitated by a grief therapist, for families and caregivers who have experienced the death of a baby. The group meets the first Thursday of each month. To learn more, call 703-933-9100, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or see www.sidsma.org.
July 1, 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. Davis Library, 6400 Democracy Blvd., Bethesda. A group, sponsored by Pain Connection, for people with chronic pain. This month's topic: "How Chronic Pain Affects Family Members and Others." The group meets the first Thursday of every month. To learn more, call 301-309-2444 or see www.pain-connection.org. Bring pillows, mats, ice or hot packs to be comfortable.
New Beginnings has meetings in Maryland, Virginia and the District for people coping with separation and divorce. For locations and times, call 301-924-4101 or see www.newbeginningsusa.org.
The House of Ruth Domestic Violence Support Center offers confidential individual and group counseling for victims of domestic violence. To learn more, call 202-347-0390. For a crisis, call the 24-hour hot line, 202-347-2777.
* The Alexandria Domestic Violence Program offers individual and group counseling to individuals and their children, who live in Alexandria and have experienced domestic abuse. To learn more, call their 24-hour crisis hotline, 703-838-4911 or see www.alexwomen.com.
DRUNK DRIVING VICTIMS
Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) sponsors groups for victims injured in drunk driving accidents. For times and locations, call 703-978-3025.
The Epilepsy Foundation of the Chesapeake region sponsors the following groups for adults diagnosed with seizure disorders and their caregivers. To learn more, call 703-425-6660:
* June 30, 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Falls Church High School, 7521 Jaguar Trail, Room 100, Falls Church. The Northern Virginia Epilepsy Group meets every Wednesday.
* July 6, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Georgetown University Hospital, Lombardi Cancer Center, 3800 Reservoir Rd. NW, Floor 2, Podium A, Conference Room. A meeting of the Neurology Epilepsy Support Group .
July 1, 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Bethesda United Methodist Church, 8300 Old Georgetown Rd., Room 205, Bethesda. A group, sponsored by the nonprofit BILY (Because I Love You), for parents of adolescent and adult children who have challenging, destructive or difficult behavior. The group meets every Thursday. To learn more, call 301-530-3597 or see www.becauseiloveyou.org. $1 donation.
July 1, 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Knights of Columbus Hall, 6111 Columbia Way, Bowie. A group, sponsored by the Bowie/Crofton Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Support Group, for people with MS and their families and friends. This month's topics: cognitive problems and depression. The group meets the first Thursday of every month in Bowie. To learn more, call 410-793-3896.
July 2, 7 p.m. Northwood Presbyterian Church, 1200 West University Blvd., Silver Spring. A 12-step program, sponsored by Nicotine Anonymous, for anyone who wants to quit smoking. The group meets every Friday. To learn more, call 301-598-4914.
June 30, 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. A group meeting in Northwest Washington, sponsored by Postpartum Depression: Mothers Offering Mothers Support, for women with postpartum depression or anxiety resulting from the birth of a child. For location or to learn more, call 703-282-5896 or 202-363-8200.
June 30, 7 p.m. Dolley Madison Library, 1244 Oak Ridge Rd., McLean. A group, co-sponsored by Voice of the Faithful of Northern Virginia and SNAP (Survivor's Network of Those Abused by Priests and Other Clergy) Recovery Group, for people who have been abused. To learn more, call 703-538-6128.
* July 6, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. St. Columba's Church, 4201 Albemarle St. NW, Room 220. A group, sponsored by SNAP (Survivor's Network of Those Abused by Priests and Other Clergy) recovery group, for anyone who has been abused. The group meets the first Tuesday of every month. To learn more, call 301-514-2902.
Screenings, Volunteers and Donations
July 1, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Hyatt Regency Washington, 400 New Jersey Ave. NW, Congressional CDE meeting room (on the lobby level). The Hyatt Regency Washington is sponsoring a blood drive open to the public. To make an appointment or learn more, call 202-942-1517. Walk-ins welcome.
July 2, Noon to 2 p.m. George Washington University Hospital Women's Heart Program, 2131 K St. NW, Suite 600. A blood pressure screening, sponsored by the Women's Heart Program, for men and women ages 18 and over. The screenings take place every Friday at this time. To learn more, call 202-715-5400.
Indoor walking programs in which people of all ages are welcome to stroll or power walk take place year-round in Anne Arundel County. Mileage cards, supplied and totaled annually by North Arundel Hospital, are available when the walking begins at the following times and locations:
* The O'Malley Marchers, co-sponsored by the O'Malley Senior Center and the Wheels Skating Center, walk inside Wheels Skating Center, 1200 Odenton Rd., Odenton from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. To learn more, call 410-222-6227.
* The Arundel Mills Milers, co-sponsored by Arundel Mills Mall, walk inside the mall, located at 7000 Arundel Mills Circle in Hanover, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. To register or learn more, call 443-755-8773.
The Marley Milers, co-sponsored by Harbor Hospital and the Marley Station Mall, walk inside the mall five days a week, Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. To learn more, call 410-766-2033 or 410-760-8900.
To be considered for the Calendar, information must be received two weeks before the publication date. Include date, time, address, description, sponsor, phone with area code and cost (must be nominal or free). E-mail submissions to email@example.com,fax them to 202-334-6471, or mail them to Health Calendar, 1150 15th St. NW, Washington, DC 20071. Because of the large number of submissions received, we cannot guarantee publication.