Maryon M. Wilson, 65, a retired administrative assistant with the D.C. public schools, died Dec. 25 at Sibley Memorial Hospital after a heart attack.
Born in Virginia, she grew up in Washington. She was a graduate of Central High School.
Mrs. Wilson joined the school system in 1929 as a stenographer at the old Franklin school building. A year later she transferred to Western High School as a clerk.
In 1935, when Woodrow Wilson High School opened, she became administrative assistant to the first principal there. She held that job with succeeding principals until retiring in 1972.
During the war years when switchboards in many District schools were manned throughout the night in case of emergency, Mrs. Wilson, along with others, carried sandwiches and coffee from their homes to the schools for those on duty at night.
In 1936, she helped start the Roadside theater in the area of what is now Congressional Plaza. She handled the box office and business arrangements. The theater was successful until it was closed by the outbreak of World War II.
Mrs. Wilson had no immediate survivors.
It is suggested that expressions of sympathy may be in the form of contributions to the Heart Association.