Raymond Louis Urgo, on trial in Arlington for murder, told police in tape-recorded interviews played in Circuit Court yesterday that he was smoking a marijuana cigarette with three women friends when he decided to "be a big shot" and impress them with his .357 magnum revolver.

Urog, a Georgetown hairdresser, told police that he had just engaged in sexual intercourse with two of the women in what he termed a "menage a trois."

As all three women lay side by side on his bed, he told police, "I thought I would get the gun, cock it, and scare them a little bit."

Urgo said he "walked to the side of the bed," where Ellen Dana Kisacky was lying, "opened th chamber, dropped in five shells, spun the revolver and spun the chamber so the empty chamber would come out."

He held the gun, he told police, "at arms length, close to Dana's face. I took it away," to check again to make sure the empty chamber was in place . . . I cocked it at her face."

"I put it (the gun) up against her lips," Urgo said. "I just squeezed it (the trigger) I, I just squeezed it. It doesn't take much. I just squeezed it, that's all.

"It was a stupioe, crazy thing to do. I should have known better . . . "

Urgo's account of the death of Ellen Dana Kisacky of Landover in his Arlington Towers Apartment, was given to pokice hours after the Jan. 8 incident.

The two tape recordings were presented as prosecution evidence against Urgo, standing trial on charges of murder and of using a firemrm during the commission of a felony.

The first interview, recorded at 11:30 p.m. Jan. 8, was rerecorded at 3:40 the following morning because Urgo intentionally omitted the name of a third woman involved. Urgo said he wanted to protect her, according to Assistant Arlington Commonwealth's Attorney Arthur Karp.

In the recording, played before the jury in a silent courtroom, Urgo described what happened on the night of Jan. 8 in a matter-of-fact voice that was sometimes muffled and inaudible.

Urgo said he, Miss Kisacky and another friend of about three or four years named Monique Tyson, of Luxembourg, arrived at his apartment at about 7 p.m. with three bottles of wine from Miss Tyson's apartment.

"We kind of relaxed, turned on the television, stereo," Urgo said. "Monique drew herself a bath," and Kisacky joined her.

Urgo said the previous day he had bought a new grip for his gun and had been practicing at a shooting range earlier in the day. While in the bathtub, he showed Miss Tyson the gun, he said. Then he put it away.

The women told Urgo "not to be a party pooer," and they engaged in various sexual activities, Urgo continued.

He said a knock on the door interrupted those activities. He found another friend of his, Mary Lee Kingsley, at the door when he opened it. "I told her to relax. I gave her a Quaalude (a barbiturate-type drug). That's what she came over for. I went back into the bedroom."

He later talked to Miss Kingsley, and then returned to the bedroom, where Miss Kingsley joined them. Urgo played a record album, and rolled a marijuana cigarette. That's when I got the idea to get the gun, load it in front of them. I guss I wanted to impress them with the size of the bullets, the gun, loading it," Urgo said.

One of the women said he was crazy, Urgo said. He told police that "he just wanted to add some realism" by pointing the gun at Miss Kisacky.

After the shot, Urgo said the other two women "leaped out of bed and threw on their clothes as fast as possible." Before leaving. Miss Tyson leaned over Miss Kisacky's body and "said something like, 'I'm sorry, I love you,'" Urgo said. "Then she left."

Urgo said he stood panicked for several minutes, then called police.

A police officer asked Urgo why he believed Miss Kisaky was dead and why he did not try to save her.

"All the blood that came spurting out of her mouth," Urgo told the police. "It came dripping out of the sides of her mouth . . . The fact that she was shot with a .357 magnum.

"I want the public to know I'm not a criminal. I'll pay my dues, Urgo said on the tape. "Saying I'm sorry is not enough."