Lenora N. Hunter, 67, president of Logan Ford Co., which includes Logan Ford of Springfield, Va., and LoganNorris Ford of Silver Spring, died Monday, at Sibley Memorial Hospital following surgery.
Mrs. Hunter had taken over as head of the Logan Motor Co., which became Logan Ford Co., when her first husband, Frank K. Logan, the company founder, died in 1940.
At that time, the company operated at three locations in Washington - Virginia Avenue, 14th Street and 18th Street location to 20th Street NW. The company moved the NW. in 1956.
In 1964, the Virginia Avenue and 14th Street locations were closed and Logan Ford was established in Springfield, Va.
Five years later, Mrs. Hunter joined with her brother, Jack Norris, in establishing Logan Norris Ford in Silver Spring. At the time the 20th Street location of Logan Ford was closed.
Although Mrs. Hunter had retired from active participation in the company this year, she remained its president until herdeath.
Born in Washington University and received a master's degree in education from Cornell Univeristy.
She taught at Sidwell Friends School and other area schools before her first marriage.
In 1948, she married retired Army Col. Harry J. Hunter, who died in 1968.
Mrs. Hunter had been a vice president of the Zonta Club, a board member of the National Capital Area Automobile Trade Association, an advisory board member for the Norther Virginia Bank and a member of the board of directors of the Homebuilding Association. She was a resident of Springfield and belonged to the Congressional Country Club.
in addition to her brother, of Alexandria, she is survived by two daughters, Mary Anne Nonnemacher, of Springfield, and Frances Coulon, of Washington; another brother, George Norris, of Pompano Beach, Fla., and 11 grandchildren.