A Northwest Washington man charged with armed rape in connection with an assault on an 82 year-old women early Monday was ordered held without bail at his arraignment yesterday. The D.C. Board of Parole meanwhile, will determine whether his parole should be revoked.

Larry Pete Pittman, 24 was ordered to reappear before Judge William S. Thompson Monday.

The victim of the assault remained in serious condition yesterday in the intensive care unit of the Washington Hospital Center according to a hospital spokeswoman.

Police said the attack occurred about 1:15 a.m. Monday in the woman's 15th Street NW apartment, where she was found unconscious 38 hours later, trapped under a mattress onto which furniture had been piled. She had been raped and suffered numerous stab and slash wounds to the face, throat, arms and torso.

The woamn reportedly was attacked by one of two men who tried to rob her after she let them into her apartment. Police said the woman recognized one of the men as a resident of another apartment in her building.

Pittman, a resident of the building, was arresting Tuesday and charged with rape while armed. Investigators in the sex offense branch said the case would be turned over to a grand jury for further investigation.

Court records show that Pittman, who is single and live with a girl friend and child, has been employed for eight months as a printer at the National Press Building, making $3.75 an hour. Before that he was a part-time printer at the Waster Photoprint Company for about a year. Pittman has been an area resident for 23 years.

According to the records, Pittman has a ninth-grade education and was on parole after being convicted in 1974 of charges of receiving stolen property and assault with a dangerous weapon, a knife. His parole was due to expire in January 1980.

In 1973, Pittman was placed on three years, probation after his conviction in a fatal stabbing in 1972, the records show.

The parole board now has the option of revoking Pittman's parole or filing a detainer, the firt step toward parole revocation, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office.

Police said they still are seeking a second suspect in Monday's assault.