Cecelia S. Platt, 69 a longtime area resident who had been active in Jewish organizaions for more than 30 years, died April 16 at her Silver Spring home. She had a heart ailment.
Mrs. Platt had served as educational vice president of the Washington chapter of Hadassah, and vice president of the Seaboard region of the National Women's League.
She was a member of Adas Israel Congregation in Washington and Temple Israel in Silver Spring. She belonged to the Pioneer Women and was a life member of the Zionist Organization of America.
Mrs. Platt worked as secretary and office manager for the Jewish Community Council in Washington for 18 years before retiring for reasons of health in 1972.
She was a native of Baltimore and came to Washington in 1931. Before joining the council staff, she and her husband, Albert, had operated the old Albert H. Platt Hebrew Supply House for 12 years. Located near 14th and Shepherd streets NW, the supply house was one of the first Jewish bookstores in the city.
In addition to her husband, of the home, Mrs. Platt is survived by two daughters, Judith P. Bernhardt and Paula P. Pell, and a son, Ira M., all of Silver Spring; her mother, Rose Schroeder, and two sisters, Leona Goldberg and Shirley Holinsky, all of Baltimore, and eight grandchildren.
The family suggests that expressions of sympathy be in the form of contributions to the Jewish National Fund. CAPTION: Picture, no caption