Pauline Blandford Gwynn, 93, a long-time resident of Brandywine, Md., who was active in civic affairs and the homemakers club there, died at Southern Maryland Hospital in Clinton July 24 following a heart attack.
Mrs. Gwynn was born at a farm called "Locust Grove" near Waldorf, Md., and grew up there. In 1919, she married Joseph Henry Blandford Jr., a dairy operator and member of the Maryland General Assembly, and moved to Brandywine.
She was a founder of the Maryland State Agricultural Extension Service Homemakers Club in Brandywine, which observed its 55th anniversary last December.
For some years she attended the summer courses for farm women at the University of Maryland, which taught subjects of interest to rural homemakers.
Mrs. Gwynn also helped organize annual folk festivals in Brandywine and belonged to a group that persuaded the Prince George's County public school system to build Bwynn Park School on property formerly owned by her family.
Mrs. Gwynn was active in St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church in Clinton and supported its building fund.
Following the death of Mr. Blandford in 1955, she married William Henry Gwynn, who was superintendent of schools in Charles County, Md., from 1918 to 1951. Mr. Gwynn died in 1975.
There are no immediate survivors.