Maryland medical examiners said yesterday they have found no evidence of violence or injury in the death of Vivian Levy, a 23-year-old Providence, R.I., woman whose body was discovered in a Rockville motel room Tuesday, only hours after she had testified a perjury trial.

Montgomery County Police discovered Levy's body Tuesday, face down and fully clothed, in her fourth-floor room at the Rockville Ramada Inn where she had checked in Sunday.

Levy had testified earlier at a perjury trial arising from the strangling of her 24-year-old sister, Claire, last January at the apartment the two sisters shared in Silver Spring.

After a preliminary autopsy yesterday, state medical examiners said they will not knwo the exact cause of Levy's death -- which is still labeled "suspicious" -- for three weeks until more tests can be done.

The discovery of Levy's death came in the middle of a perjury and obstruction of justice trial involving a 20-year-old Silver Spring woman in a case arising from Clair Levy's death.

Stephanie Walker was found guilty Wednesday on four counts of obstruction of justice and will be sentenced Jan. 3.

Vivian Levy, according to Walker's defense attorney, Daniel Hall, had taken the stand for an hour Monday and had become "upset" as she recalled the circumstances Jan. 28 when she returned to her apartment at 5 a.m. and discovered her sister strangled in the bedroom.

On that January day, Levy called her boyfriend, David Leander Stratmon Jr., of 7573 Alaska Ave. NW, who came over to the apartment with Walker and was arrested a few hours later and charged with murder, a spokesman for the state's attorney's office said.

The charges against Stratmon were dropped at a pretrial hearing in March after Walker had changed her account of what happened in the apartment four times, finally settling on a version that was the least incriminating to Stratmon, Hall said.

Vivian Levy was last seen at 4:30 p.m. Monday when a police officer dropped her off at the motel, Det. Gerald Boone said. Medical examiners estimate she died Tuesday sometime between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. after police, alerted by relatives that she had not returned to Rhode Island, discovere the body.