Charlotte Dodge Goodman, 75 who had been in Alexandria Democratic politics and civic groups, died of pneumonia Friday at the Woodbine Nursing Home in Alexandria where she had lived for 10 years.
She was the wife of Charles M. Goodman, a Washington area architect.
While serving a vice chairperson of the Alexandria Democratic Committee, Mrs. Goodman was an early supporter of Mayor Charles E. Beatley Jr., when he first ran for a City Council seat in the late 1950s.
She served on the Alexandria Board of Housing Hygiene from 1961 to 1967, when she was forced to resign because of a neurological disorder.
In 1963, Mrs. Goodman was honored on Alexandria Recognition Day, sponsored by the City Council and the Alexandria League of Women Voters. In 1968, she was cited for her service to the city by the City Council and by Mayor Beatley.
Mrs. Goodman was born in Evanston, Ill. A graduate of Northwestern University, she attended the University of Paris, where she studied at the Institute de Psychologie.
She moved to Alexandria with her husband in 1933, and for a number of years was a consultant to the fine arts section of the Public Buildings Administration. She identified and recorded painters and sculptors and their works executed for federal buildings under the Works Projects Administration.
The Goodmans were early settlers in Old Town when restoration got under way there. Later they lived in the Seminary Hill area of the city, where Mrs. Goodman was active in Immanuel Church-on-the-Hill Episcopal parish.
In addtion to her husband , of Alexandria, she is survived by a daugther, Lynn Maddox of Portola Valley, Calif.; a brother, Peter Lutkin Dodge of Alexandria, and two grandchildren.
The family suggests that expresions of sympathy be in the form of contributions to Immanuel Church-on-the-Hill.