Eve B. Bralove, 85, a former D.C. public school teacher and Defense Department employe who was active in Jewish organizations, died of plumonary occlusion Sunday in Maryland General Hospital in Baltimore.
Mrs. Bralove taught in the D.C. public elementary schools for several years in the early 1920s. During World War II, she worked in the records section of the U.S. Coast Guard's Air-Sea Rescue command. She later worked in the Defense Department's records section. She retired from the government in 1948.
She later taught handicapped children at the Park School in Rockville for about five years.
Mrs. Bralove had been a trustee and member of the board of trustees of the Jewish Community Center in Washington. She was an officer of Hadassah and was a member of Mezrachi, a Jewish religious group.
She had been a member of the sisterhood at Adas Israel Congregation in Washington. During the 1920s, she had been a reporter for The Jewish Times.
Mrs. Bralove was a native of New York City and graduated from a normal school there as well as the Jewish Theological Seminary in New York. She came to this area in 1919 and lived in Washington and then Silver Spring before moving to a nursing home in Pikesville about five years ago.
She was the widow of William Bralove Sr., a Washington contractor and owner of the Bell Cab Company, who died in 1950.
Mrs. Bralove's survivors include a son, William Jr., of Potomac; two sisters, Doris Smith of New York City, and Nenrietta Henius of West Palm Beach, Fla., a brother, Sidney Burns of New York City; five grandchildren, and one great grandchild.