Marguerite G. Miller, 70, a retired management analyst for the Justice Department and a former lay officer of the Presbyterian Church, died of a lung ailment Tuesday at the Goodwin House retirement home in Alexandria.
A lifelong Washington area resident, Mrs. Miller was born in Riverdale. She was educated in Washington and graduated from old Central High School here.
From 1928 until 1942, when she stopped working to devote time to her family, she was secretary to the principal of Gordon Junior High School in Washington. In 1959, she went to work for the Justice Department as a secretary. She was an analyst in the department's management division when she retired in 1973.
Mrs. Miller was a charter member of Christ of The Covenant Presbyterian Church in Arlington, where she had served as an elder, as music director and chairman of the music committee, and as clerk of the session, the church's senior lay position. In 1965, she represented the church at the Presbyterian Synod in Baltimore.
In the early 1970s, she served on the nominating committee of the Washington Presbytery.
Mrs. Miller and her husband, Hugh Jr., lived in Arlington from 1940 to 1977, when they moved to Goodwin House. She was a member of the Arlington Forest chapter of the Virginia Extension Homemakers and a member and former treasurer of the Potomac Woman's Club.
Besides her husband, survivors include a son, Hugh III, of Woodbridge, Va., and two grandchildren.
The family suggests that expressions of sympathy be in the form of contributions to the American Lung Association in Fairfax, or to the Church of the Covenant in Arlington.