Harry David Eisenhauer, 82, a retired radio specialist with the Department of the Navy who also had his own radio equipment firm, died of cancer Tuesday at Doctor's Hospital of Prince George's County in Lanham.
Mr. Eisenhauer was born in Lebanon, Pa., graduated from the Dodge Radio School in Valparaiso, Ind., and became a radio instructor at Ohio State University.
In 1919, he moved to the Washington area and went to work for the Naval Research Laboratory, specializing in radio technology. In 1929, he left the government and started his own business, the Scientific Radio Company. It ground crystals and made other equipment to keep radio stations broadcasting on their assigned frequencies.
During World War II, Mr. Eisenhauer returned to the government as an employe of the old Naval Gun Factory. He helped organize a radio crystal production laboratory there. He retired in 1957.
In the meanwhile, Mr. Eisenhauer kept up his own business. He operated it until about 1967, when he closed it.
He was a former resident of University Park, where he was one of the first town councilmen, and a resident of Hyattsville at the time of his death. He also was a charter member of the Prince George's Kiwanis Club and was its treasurer emeritus. He was a member of the Westgate Masonic Lodge No. 220 in Mount Rainier, a 32d degree Mason of the Albert Pike Consistory and a Shriner of the Almas Temple.
Survivors include his wife, Florence M., of Hyattsville; one daughter, Jane Chufar of Adelphi; two sons, Russell H., also of Adelphi, and William D., of Upper Marlboro; six grandchildren, and one great-grandchild. w