A male D.C. police captain and a female D.C. police detective fired a total of five shots from their service revolvers early yesterday morning in Prince George's County during an alleged domestic dispute between the two, authorities said. No injuries were reported and no charges have been brought in the case, which is still under investigation.

Capt. Charles R. Bacon and Det. Esther H. Dimery were detained for questioning at a Prince George's police station after county officers went to the 3300 block of Lumer Drive in Oxon Hill about 1:30 a.m. in response to a report of gunfire, county police said.

Prince George's police said Bacon, 37, and Dimery, 39, live in the 2400 block of Kingsway Road, which is a few blocks from the scene of the incident.

Bacon, a highly regarded officer who has risen rapidly through police ranks, is assigned to the administrative services division at D.C. police headquarters. A 13-year department veteran, he was promoted to captain last year. Dimery is a member of the burglary squad, also based at headquarters. Both officers were placed on administrative leave and their police powers were revoked pending a D.C. police internal investigation of the incident.

According to a statement issued by county police, Bacon allegedly fired four shots during the dispute and Dimery fired one. Police sources said the shootings occurred when Dimery ran from a car in which the two had been arguing.

The two were taken to the county police station in Oxon Hill and released to D.C. police after a preliminary investigation, according to D.C. Deputy Chief Isaac Fulwood, the director of the department's finance and management office, who said he went to Oxon Hill shortly after the incident as a person friend of Bacon's.

D.C. Assistant Police Chief Marty M. Tapscott, Bacon's superior officer and the head of the adminstrative services division, also went to the scene early yesterday morning.

County police said the incident would be reviewed by the state's attorney's office, which could decide to bring it to the attention of the grand jury.