A Southeast Washington man, arrested earlier this week on sodomy and armed robbery charges involving a 10-year-old boy, was sentenced yesterday in D.C. Superior Court to serve at least nine years in prison for kidnaping and attempting to have sex last year with an 8-year-old boy.

Several residents of the Garfield Douglas area in Southeast Washington where both incidents occurred, called Judge Joseph M. F. Ryan Jr. after the arrest this week, protesting the judge's decision last May to allow Terry M. Evans, 31, of 1843 Stanton Ter., to live in a work-release facility pending sentencing on the first crime, rather than jailing him.

Yesterday, a visibly angry Ryan rejected pleas by Evans' lawyer, Nan Hunter, for leniency and dismissed a private psychiatric report she presented that indicated Evans may have been under the influence of drugs at the time of the incident. "My Airedale dog could have prepared this report," Ryan said, labeling Evans an "outlaw."

Ryan, reportedly furious over the second arrest, said he would ask the D.C. Department of Corrections to investigate why Evans was allowed to remain in the halfway house when it appeared that he did not in fact have a steady job.

When Evans pleaded guilty to the first offense in May, Ryan noted Evans' repeated promises to stay out of the Garfield Douglas commmunity and his statement that he was employed.

Apparently on the strength of those promises and the assurance of employment, which were not directly contradicted by prosecutors or officials of the corrections department, Ryan allowed Evans to be placed in a halfway house at 1010 N. Capitol St., pending sentencing on June 30. That sentencing was twice postponed, first to July 31 and then to yesterday, once at Hunter's request and then at the request of the probation officers.

The latest incident occurred on Saturday when Evans was on a weekend furlough from the halfway house. Asst. U.S. Attorney Constance Belfiore told Ryan that the 10-year-old boy had identified Evans in a line-up as the man who robbed him at gunpoint of 40 cents and then took him to an abandoned house in the 2100 block of 23rd Street SE and committed sodomy on him.

Evans, who was taken to D.C. Jail yesterday to await transfer to a federal prison, was sentenced to 7 to 21 years for kidnaping and two to six years for attempting sex with a minor in the case of the 8-year-old boy last year. Ryan ordered the sentences to be served consecutively so that Evans faces a minimum of nine years in prison. He faces additional prison time if convicted on charges involving the 10-year-old.