Dr. Bryan Pope Warren, 86, a physician who had a general practice in Laurel for over 50 years before he retired in 1975, died of coronary heart disease Thursday at the Greater Laurel Beltsville Hospital. He lived in Laurel.

Dr. Warren was a native of Beaufort County, N.C., and a graduate of the old Trinity College in Durham, N.C. He served with the Army in Europe during World War I and earned his medical degree at the University of Maryland in 1924.

He set up practice in Laurel in 1925. He and his brother, Dr. John M. Warren, established the Laurel Medical Center, the old Warren Hospital, and the old Laurel General Hospital in Laurel. He served on the staffs of Montgomery General Hospital, Prince George's General Hospital, St. Agnes Hospital, the University of Maryland Hospital, the Washington Sanitarium and the Washington Adventist Hospital.

He was a member of the American Medical Association, the American Association of Physicians and Surgeons, the Prince George's County Medical Society and the Medical and Chirurgical Faculty of Maryland.

He was a Mason and a Shriner and a member of the Laurel Wreath Lodge No. 149 and the Almas Temple in Washington. He was a past president of the Laurel Rotary Club and a member of the Laurel Lions Club, the Veterans of Foreign Wars, the American Legion, the Sons of the American Revolution and the Vansville Farmers Club. He also was a member of the First United Methodist Church in Laurel.

His marriage to the late Linnie Warren ended in divorce.

Besides his brother, of Laurel, survivors include his wife, Virginia, of Laurel, two sons by his first marriage, Dr. Bryan P. Warren Jr. of Owensboro, Ky., and Morris J. Warren of Wheaton; a daughter by his first marriage, Linnie Lee Marshall of Laurel; another brother, Rev. Millard W. Warren of Durham, N.C.; two sisters, Emma Warren Lewis of Richmond, and Emily Warren Pickard of Durham, and nine grandchildren.

The family suggests that expressions of sympathy be in the form of contributions to the Greater Laurel Beltsville Hospital Foundation, 7100 Contee Road, Laurel, Md., 20707