Harold John Rogers, 60, a judge of the old People's Court in Prince George's County from 1972 until his retirement in 1973 and an attorney in the Washington area since 1951, died of kidney failure Nov. 22 at the Veterans Administration Hospital in Washington.
Judge Rogers, who lived in Bowie, was born in Eynon, Pa. He graduated from the University of Scranton. Following Army service in the Pacific in World War II, he moved to Washington and earned a law degree at George Washington University in 1951.
From 1951 to 1955, he was an assistant U.S. attorney here. He then entered private practice with the firm of Fried & Rogers. He remained there until he became a judge of the People's Court, now the Prince George's General District Court.
Judge Rogers was a member of the Ascension Catholic Church in Bowie, the Knights of Columbus, the Lions Club, Disabled American Veterans and the Veterans of Foreign Wars.
Survivors include his wife, the former Margaret Lesak, of Bowie; five children, Karen, Pamela, Patricia, Anna Maria and Jeffrey, all of Bowie; his mother, Anna Rogers, of Eynon; four sisters, Frances Zankuski of Dickson City, Pa., Pillie Rusalatavitch of Carbondale, Pa., Collette Carroll of Patterson, N.J., and Stella Rogers of Eynon, and three brothers, Lester, of Jessup, Pa., Stanley, of Pottstown, Pa., and Raymond, of Eynon.