Jurors who will deliberate the fate of 21-year-old Harlow Brian Sails, accused of murdering a Prince George's County police officer at Iverson Mall last January, toured the scene of the shooting yesterday as the prosecution continued to present its case.

Accompanied by the defendant, who was wearing a modified medical leg brace under his trousers to prevent him from running away, the jury inspected the area outside Kay Jewelers, where prosecutors say Sails shot officer Raymond Hubbard four times, then leaned over him and fired a fifth shot into his back.

Since Monday, State's Attorney Arthur A. Marshall Jr. has presented a succession of witnesses in an attempt to reconstruct the gun battle in the crowded mall last Jan. 28. Hubbard, 28, was shopping there when he attempted to stop several men fleeing the jewelry store after a holdup. Three men received life sentences for their part in the shooting last summer, and police say one suspect remains at large. Marshall, who is seeking the death penalty, argues it was Sails who fired the fatal shots.

On Wednesday, one witness said he saw Sails lean over the stricken officer and fire a shot into his back. Sails, who has appeared calm and almost cheerful through most of the trial, shouted out loudly "You're lying" when the witness, John Lanham, identified him.

Marshall has argued that Sails killed Hubbard with a 9 mm semi-automatic, and yesterday, medical and firearms experts described the wounds Hubbard received and the bullets that were used. Neither the semi-automatic, nor Hubbard's service revolver that Marshall contends Sail's took have been found.

Prosecution witnesses have testified that 9 mm rounds were found in Sail's apartment after his arrest on Feb. 24 as well as two watches stolen from the jewelry store. Other witnesses have identified Sails as a man they saw walking towards the store shortly before the robbery, and as a man fleeing the scene and commandeering a car outside the mall.

Defense attorney Michael L. Gallavan questioned many witnesses , producing several differing descriptions of details. Gallavan said yesterday he expects to call no more than two witnesses, and that the case will probably go to the jury this afternoon.