Free processed American cheese and butter will be distributed Thursday at 12 sites to eligible families in Fairfax County.
To be eligible, families must live in the county and be receiving food stamps, Medicaid, aid to dependent children, general relief or refugee assistance.
Recipients are encouraged to pick up cheese and butter at the distribution site nearest their home and are requested to bring a food stamp card for identification.
For further information, call the Fairfax County Information and Referral Service at 691-3253.
Distribution of cheese and butter will take place from 1 to 7 p.m. at the following locations:
* Alexandria (Rte. 1 area): Groveton Baptist Church, 6511 Richmond Hwy., and Saunders B. Moon Center, 8100 Fordson Rd.
* Annandale: Annandale United Methodist Church, 6935 Columbia Pike.
* Baileys Crossroads: Glen Carlyn Baptist Church, 3245 Glen Carlyn Rd.
* Fairfax: Salvation Army, 4915 Ox Rd.
* Falls Church: Knox Presbyterian Church, 7416 Arlington Blvd.
* Franconia: Franconia United Methodist Church, 6037 Franconia Rd.
* Herndon: Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Ave.
* Lorton: Cranford Methodist Church, Gunston and Old Colchester roads.
* Reston: United Christian Parish, 2222 Colts Neck Rd.
* Springfield: Springfield Christian Church, 5407 Backlick Rd.
* Tysons Corner-McLean: Providence Baptist Church, 8120 Leesburg Pike (adjacent to Tysons Corner mall).
* Vienna: The Bowman House, 211 Center St., across from Vienna Elementary School.