Three fires in Northern Virginia yesterday and Friday night damaged a church, a gasoline station and a house.

In a fourth fire, seven people were injured in a Southeast Washington apartment last night, D.C. fire officials said. The fire at 913 Varney Place SE, which began about 6:30 p.m., was caused by an electrical shortage in a bedroom, according to officials.

Two of the injured were taken to Greater Southeast Community Hospital where they were treated for smoke inhalation and then released, a hospital spokeswoman said. Robert Thomas, 14, of the Varney Street address, broke both hips and both legs when he jumped from the third-story apartment to escape the blaze, the spokeswoman said. He was listed in satisfactory condition at Greater Southeast last night.

Three other adults and an infant were treated for smoke inhalation at Hadley Memorial Hospital and released, a hospital spokesman said.

Fire investigators estimated there was about $60,000 damage to the apartment, which officials said is part of the Valley Green public housing complex.

The only injuries in the Virginia fires occurred as the result of an early morning house fire yesterday in Annandale. A spokesman for the Fairfax County Fire Department said a fireman and an unidentified person suffered smoke inhalation and another fireman had a cut on the hand. All three were treated at Fairfax Hospital, the spokesman said.

The cause of the fire, at 3712 Rust Rd., and the amount of damage were not immediately determined, the spokesman said.

A fire reported about noon yesterday interrupted a funeral service and caused an undetermined amount of damage at St. Francis Catholic Church at 18825 Fuller Heights Rd., Dumfries, according to a Prince William County Fire Department spokesman.

An explosion and fire at an Alexandria Exxon station caused $125,000 damage Friday night.

A spokesman at the Alexandria Fire Department said that the fire at the station at 442 N. Henry St. began about 9 p.m. when a water heater ignited gasoline leaking from an automobile. She said that no one was injured.