Robert Whitelaw (Rab) Wilson, 75, a retired vice president for public relations of the Potomac Electric Power Co. and chairman of the United Givers Fund drive in 1967, died of kidney and vascular ailments Sept. 6 at Sibley Memorial Hospital.
Mr. Wilson, who lived in Washington, was born in St. Louis. He graduated from Amherst College in Massachusetts and moved to Washington in 1930. He went to work in the traffic department of the Chesapeake & Potomac Telephone Co. In 1936, he joined Pepco. He was assistant to the president and treasurer before being named vice president in 1953. He retired in 1970.
During World War II he was a lieutenant commander in the Navy.
Mr. Wilson was a director and former president of the Maryland Utilities Association and a director of the National Savings & Trust Co., the Federal Storage Co., Woodward & Lothrop and the Better Business Bureau of Metropolitan Washington.
He was a trustee of the Washington chapter of the American Cancer Society, The Madeira School in Greenway, Va., and the Washington Hospital Center, a governor of Children's Hospital, and a member of the standing committee of the executive committee of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington.
He also was a member of St. Margaret's Episcopal Church and the Chevy Chase, Metropolitan, Alfalfa and Alibi clubs.
Survivors include his wife, the former Janet Morgan Mahony, whom he married in 1931, of Washington, and a daughter, Margaret Wilson Morton of Louisville.