The following items are on tonight's agenda for the Fairfax County School Board meeting. The meeting will be at Jackson Intermediate School, 3020 Gallows Rd., Falls Church.
7:15 p.m.: Executive session.
* Resolution to rename the Marshall High School computer lab "The Ralph W. Frieden Computer Laboratory." Ralph W. Frieden was a math teacher at Marshall for 14 years until his death in May.
* Resolution honoring Nancy L. Gibbs, music teacher at Wolf Trap Elementary School, as 1983-84 teacher of the year for Fairfax County schools.
* Citizen comment.
* Report from the Vocational Education General Advisory Committee.
* Student assignment--Review of student assignment to schools. A proposed policy outlines exceptions to rules requiring that students be assigned to schools near their home in most cases. The policy lists acceptable reasons for exceptions and procedures for requests.
Budget review--Review of budget measures to offset the potential loss of state aid to the schools and to ensure funding for carry-over projects from 1983 and undelivered orders.
* New positions--Review of proposal to authorize two custodial jobs and one half-time clerical position at leased facilities.
* Water line easement--Review of recommendation to approve a 15-foot-wide water easement as part of W.T. Woodson High School renewal.
* Personnel--Review of appointments made from April 1 to June 30.
* Items introduced by the superintendent, board members and a report on the opening of school.