The following items are on today's agenda for the Arlington County School Board. The meeting will be at 7:30 p.m. in the board room of the Education Center, 1426 N. Quincy St., Arlington:
* Discussion of an amendment to the board contract with Arlington Hospital, which enables Arlington students to work as nursing interns at the hospital. The amendment would allow the hospital to remove from the program nursing students who are not performing satisfactorily.
* Discussion of the final draft of School Board meeting procedures, including policy on establishing the agenda and on public testimony, and the order in which items will be discussed at meetings.
* Discussion of request to continue Taylor Elementary's unorthodox grading system, which evaluates students with written reports rather than letter grades.
* Appointments to the Advisory Committee and six-year Planning Committee and appointment of a voting delegate for the Virginia Association of School Administrators/Virginia School Boards Association convention to be held the week of Oct. 6.
* Response of the superintendent to the proposed revisions to the policies of VSBA. The policies include employe compensations, summer school programs, provisions for handicapped students, environmental education and computer education programs, and the drinking age in Virginia.
* Discussion of proposal to continue the extended day program, which provides students with classes and activities before and after the regular school hours.
* Report of enrollment figures in Arlington County Public Schools for the first, fifth and seventh days of the 1983 school year.
* Report on Metropolitan Area Boards of Education microcomputer workshop to take place Nov. 12. Representatives of the School Board will attend.
* Presentation of information on the proposed budget revisions for the 1983-84 school year, including proposed expenditure on staffing, facilities, instructional materials, textbooks and building repairs. Fairfax County
The following items are on tonight's agenda for the Fairfax County School Board meeting. The meeting will be at Jackson Intermediate School, 3020 Gallows Rd., Falls Church.
7:15 p.m.: Executive session.
* Resolution to rename the Marshall High School computer lab "The Ralph W. Frieden Computer Laboratory." Ralph W. Frieden was a math teacher at Marshall for 14 years until his death in May.
* Resolution honoring Nancy L. Gibbs, music teacher at Wolf Trap Elementary School, as 1983-84 teacher of the year for Fairfax County schools.
* Citizen comment.
* Report from the Vocational Education General Advisory Committee.
* Student assignment--Review of student assignment to schools. A proposed policy outlines exceptions to rules requiring that students be assigned to schools near their home in most cases. The policy lists acceptable reasons for exceptions and procedures for requests.
* Budget review--Review of budget measures to offset the potential loss of state aid to the schools and to ensure funding for carry-over projects from 1983 and undelivered orders.
* New positions--Review of proposal to authorize two custodial jobs and one half-time clerical position at leased facilities.
* Water line easement--Review of recommendation to approve a 15-foot-wide water easement as part of W.T. Woodson High School renewal.
* Personnel--Review of appointments made from April 1 to June 30.
* Items introduced by the superintendent, board members and a report on the opening of school.