* Interfaith service, Bishop John Hurst Adams, of the African Methodist Episcopal Church, homilist, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Zion Baptist Church, 4850 Blagden Ave. NW. Catholic Archbishop of Washington James Hickey, Imam Sultan Muhammad, of Masjid Muhammad, and other Washington religious leaders will present readings. The offering will be used for famine relief in Ethiopia. Sponsored by the Interfaith Conference of Metropolitan Washington.
* Tribute to Martin Luther King Jr. through word and song, Capitol Community Singers, Voices of Praise and guest speaker Arthur Fletcher, president of Arthur A. Fletcher and Associates, 3:30 p.m. tomorrow, New Bethel Baptist Church, 1739 Ninth St. NW.
* Ecumenical service, guest speaker Calvin Morris, of the Howard University School of Divinity, 4 p.m. tomorrow, New York Avenue Presbyterian Church, 1313 New York Ave. NW. Sponsored by the Martin Luther King Jr. Metropolitan Washington Support Group.
* Prince George's County ecumenical service, with the county middle schools Honors Chorus and the Voices of Hemingway AME Church of Chapel Oaks, 3:30 p.m. tomorrow, Queen Anne Fine Arts Auditorium, Prince George's Community College, Largo. Guest speakers John Murphy, Prince George's County school superintendent, and the Rev. Elayne Hyman Bass, a presbyterian minister.
* Ceremony to remember the birth of Martin Luther King Jr. and to explore the question of apartheid and racism in South Africa, 7 p.m. Monday, Catholic Archdiocesan Pastoral Center, 5001 Eastern Ave. NE. Guest speakers Eugene Marino, Catholic Auxiliary Bishop of Washington; Edward Fugit, deputy director of the office on South Africa at the U.S. State Department, and the Rev. Rollins Lamber, U.S. Catholic Conference adviser for African affairs and human rights issues. Sponsored by the Archdiocesan Council of Priests, Social Concerns Committee and the Archdiocesan Offices of Black Catholics and Social Development. * Interfaith service, 8 p.m. Tuesday, New York Avenue Presbyterian Church, 1313 New York Ave. NW. Sponsored by the Langston Hughes-Eleanor Roosevelt Democratic Club.
* Service of remembrance of the life of Martin Luther King Jr., 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Bethany Lutheran Church, 5501 Silver Hill Rd., Forestville. The Rev. Dr. Nelson Trout, bishop of the South Pacific district of the American Lutheran Church, homilist.