Washington area motorists are advised to be alert for traffic disruptions on the following roads in the coming week, according to traffic and highway officials. Numbers in the black squares on the map correspond with the numbers below.
Work that has been announced the past few days is in italic letters. DISTRICT
1. EASTERN AVE. -- Traffic has been reduced to one lane in each direction from 14th Street to Georgia Avenue through April.
2. M ST., 1600-2300 blocks -- There will be variable lane closures during the day for building construction.
3. RHODE ISLAND AVE. -- Eastbound and westbound lanes reduced from two to one in the 500 block of Rhode Island Ave. because of sewer construction.
4. SEVENTH ST. -- There will be delays between L and Q streets for Metro construction. Northbound traffic between I and M streets is rerouted to Sixth Street, and southbound lanes are reduced from two to one between L and M streets.
5. VAN NESS ST. -- Lanes are reduced from two to one in each direction from Connecticut Avenue to Reno Road for total reconstruction through April.
6. WESTERN AVE. -- Lanes are reduced from two to one in each direction between Wisconsin Avenue and 41st Street at all times for roadway reconstruction through spring.
7. WHITEHURST FREEWAY -- Delays are expected between 30th and 31st streets while a temporary ramp is being built to replace the ramp leading to the E Street expressway, through May.
8. 16TH ST. -- Lanes are reduced from four to three during rush hours and to two at all other times between Arkansas and Alaska avenues and from Primrose Street to Eastern Avenue for repairs. MARYLAND
9. CHESAPEAKE BAY BRIDGE -- Eastbound and westbound, one lane will be closed Monday to Thursday in daylight hours and Friday from 7 a.m. to noon.
10. CABIN JOHN BRIDGE -- Monday through Thursday, open lanes reduced from three to one in each direction from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., and on Friday and Saturday, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Tuesday through Saturday, occasional closing of all lanes for about 15 minutes from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. One lane closed in each direction during daytime off-peak hours. For daily updates, call AAA-6200.
11. MD. RTE. 28 -- Delays are expected from Georgia Avenue to Bauer Drive because of reconstruction of Rte. 28.
PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY
12. I-95 (CAPITAL BELTWAY) -- Southbound and northbound delays are expected between the Woodrow Wilson Bridge and Md. Rte. 5 during nonrush hours where lanes have been reduced to two.
13. RTE. 4 & RTE. 301 -- Eastbound and westbound traffic reduced by one lane because the Route 4 bridge being redecked through June.
14. RTE. 201 (KENILWORTH AVENUE) at BALTIMORE-WASHINGTON PARKWAY -- Five lanes carrying traffic in both directions are reduced to four, causing delays of up to 30 minutes.
ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY
15. RTE. 201 -- Road between Good Luck Road and the District line undergoing utility work. Expect minor delays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. through June.
16. I-695 (BALTIMORE BELTWAY) -- Lane shifts over Md. Rte. 3 for bridge construction, and from the Baltimore County line to the Baltimore-Washington Parkway. FREDERICK COUNTY
17. I-70 -- The right eastbound lane will be closed through April at the way station near New Market for construction of a deceleration lane.
18. MD. RTE. 340 -- Intermittent closing of the eastbound or westbound lane from Md. Rte. 17 to Md. Rte. 180 for road resurfacing through April.
19. MD. RTE. 355 -- Alternate lane closures between Francis Scott Key Mall in Frederick and Md. Rte. 85 for widening and resurfacing of the two-lane road through the summer.
20. U.S. RTE. 15 -- One northbound lane will be closed between Pryor Road and Md. Rte. 77 for shoulder construction through May. VIRGINIA
21. I-95 SOUTH -- Lanes are narrowed, with barriers erected from Rte. 619 (Fuller Road) near Triangle, south to Chopawamsic Creek in Prince William County. Lanes also are narrowed at various locations for two- to five-mile intervals from Chopawamsic Creek at the Prince William-Stafford county line south to Ashland, through 1987.
22. I-95 -- Southbound lanes will be reduced over Furnace road from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on April 22 for bridge redecking.
23. ARLINGTON MEMORIAL BRIDGE -- A safety barrier will narrow four of the bridge's six lanes for sidewalk construction, and one of the six lanes will be closed for 24-hour periods for reconstruction until April 19. After that date, two lanes will be closed at all times until Sept. 25.
24. GEORGE WASHINGTON PKWY. -- Road resurfacing is under way during nighttime hours from National Airport south to Alexandria through early spring.
25. GEORGE WASHINGTON PKWY. -- Lanes have been reduced from two to one southbound from 6:30 to 9 a.m. and from two to one northbound from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. weekdays on a 200-foot section of the parkway north of Tulane Drive. Traffic may be restricted to one lane in either direction at other times.
26. THEODORE ROOSEVELT BRIDGE -- New barricades that channel Washington-bound traffic on U.S. 50 into one lane as it enters the bridge have caused considerable delays.
27. DUKE ST. -- Lanes have been reduced from two to one in each direction during nonpeak hours from Longview Drive to Wheeler Avenue through March 1986.
28. CRYSTAL DR. -- The intersection with S. 12th St. will be closed between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday for building construction through June.
29. N. COURT HOUSE RD. -- The ramp connecting N. Courthouse Road to eastbound Rte 50 closed and detours posted from to the end of July for redecking. Other construction projects around the courthouse will also cause delays.
30. N. UHLE ST. -- The street, between Wilson Blvd. and N. 15th Street, will be closed to traffic because of construction of an underground pedestrian tunnel to the Courthouse Metro station.
31. WILSON BLVD. -- Lanes will be reduced from four to three starting April 17 through June because of construction of an underground pedestrian tunnel to the Courthouse Metro station.
32.WILSON BLVD. -- Lanes between Jefferson Davis Hwy. and N. Kent Street will be reduced from four to three periodically through June because of the construction of turning lanes.
33. I-66 -- Lanes are being closed periodically from Rte. 29 and the Prince William County line from 9 a.m. through 3:30 p.m. for repaving.
34. I-66 -- Lanes are being closed periodically near Vienna Metro station in nonpeak hours for bridge construction through summer.
35. I-66 -- Delays are expected during nonpeak hours at the Rte. 28 exit through summer, 1986.
36. RTE. 50 -- Eastbound lanes will be closed from Rte. 28 to the Loudoun County line from 9 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
37. BRADDOCK RD. -- Delays expected between Red Fox Drive and I-495 until spring 1986.
38. CHAIN BRIDGE RD. -- Periodically traffic is reduced from two lanes to one lane between Armstrong St. and Commonwealth Hospital because of utility line repairs.
39. GALLOWS RD. -- Street is barricaded, with detours posted, at the Rte. 50 interchange through 1985.
40. RTE. 17 -- Tractor-trailer-type vehicles are banned between I-66 and the Rte. 7 interchange and from the Warrenton town limits for an indefinite period.
41. RTE. 15 -- Two bridges just south of Rte. 663 have been reduced to one lane in each direction through 1985.
PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY
42. RTE. 15 -- Northbound bridge over Catharpin Creek has been reduced to one lane.
43. RTE. 15 -- Tractor-trailer-type vehicles are banned between Rte. 29 and Haymarket.
44. RTE. 234 (GRANT AVE.) -- Traffic is being detoured around underpass through May.