An article Friday incorrectly described sentences imposed in D.C. Superior Court on Mitchell Jones. Sentences for violation of parole and for violating the Bail Reform Act are to be served consecutively.

D.C. Superior Court Judge Henry F. Greene accused a former Lorton Reformatory inmate yesterday of "blatant perjury" for claiming he had become dependent on heroin at Lorton and sentenced him to a prison term for violating probation.

Greene's comment came after the government produced evidence indicating that the inmate had needle marks and had acknowledged using heroin before his incarceration at Lorton.

In hearings last week, Mitchell Jones, 29, testified that he had never injected heroin before he was sent to Lorton in December 1983, but that he "needed it . . . 4 or 5 times a day" when he was released nine months later. Two inmates from Lorton's maximum security facility testified in graphic detail about the times they allegedly had seen Jones inject heroin in his cell.

Prosecutors introduced medical records yesterday that showed that Jones was examined by doctors in November 1981 and May 1983, and that both times he had needle marks on his arms. On each occassion he acknowledged using heroin, and he stated to one doctor that he had first used it in 1972, according to the records.

Jones was released from Lorton in September 1984 and within four months was arrested twice for violation of his probation. He also pleaded guilty to violating the Bail Reform Act for failing to appear for a hearing in connection with one of the arrests.

Yesterday's hearing was to determine what, if any, sentence Jones should receive for the violations and if he should serve it at Lorton. His attorney claimed that the availability of drugs at Lorton made it an "unsafe environment" for his client and asked Greene to sentence Jones to a drug rehabilitation program.

Greene, however, accused Jones of "lying" on the stand and said that there was "not sufficient evidence for me to conclude I can credit Mr. Jones' assertions that he was shooting up drugs while he was in jail."

Greene said, in sentencing Jones, that he had taken into consideration the documentary evidence of Jones' prior drug use, his "numerous" convictions, contradictions in his testimony and his refusal to answer questions about his source of drugs inside the prison.

What appeared to be the strongest evidence introduced by the government at yesterday's hearing were corrections department "intake" medical forms filled out by doctors and signed by Jones when he was incarcerated on previous occasions.

On one form, dated May 25, 1983, Jones told doctors that he had first used heroin in 1972, that he took an average daily dosage of two 1/4-grams and that he had injected heroin two days earlier. A doctor wrote on the form that he observed "old and new needle marks . . . on both arms."

In an ironic twist, prosecutors recommended yesterday that Jones not be returned to Lorton for his own safety because of publicity about his case.

For violating his probation, Greene imposed Jones' original sentence -- 40 months to 10 years -- minus 14 months he had already served when he was released on probation last September. For violating the Bail Reform Act, Greene sentenced him to 90 days to run concurrently with the other sentence. Greene said he would recommend that Jones be imprisoned in a federal institution.