* ADELANTE. 2701 Ontario Rd. NW, second floor (667-7700). Helps with housing problems (evictions, rent increases, translating leases, etc.) Services are free.
* ANDROMEDA. 1823 18th St. NW (667-6766). Provides outpatient mental health care. Sliding-scale fee.
* AYUDA. 1736 Columbia Rd. NW (387-4848). Provides legal services for all civil cases including landlord/tenant, immigration, divorce, child custody and other family matters. No criminal cases. A $5 fee is charged for each application.
* CENTRAL AMERICAN REFUGEE CENTER (CARECEN). 1801 Columbia Rd. NW, Suite 103 (328-9799). Helps with immigration problems. Services are free.
* EOFULA, Inc. 1842 Calvert St. NW (483-5800). Serves as a social service and recreational center for senior citizens. Services are free.
* THE FAMILY PLACE. 1848 Columbia Rd. NW (265-0149). Helps pregnant women find adequate medical care and provides social services for women with young children (parent/child counseling, food assistance application, washer and dryer on premises, free meals at noon). Services are free.
* LATIN AMERICAN YOUTH CENTER. 3045 15th St. NW (483-1140). Provides vocational training program for low-income Latin American youths. Services are free.
* RED CROSS NORTHWEST SERVICE CENTER. 2321 18th St. NW (332-5520). Provides wide range of social services, health care and educational programs (several classes taught in Spanish). Services are free.
* SPANISH CATHOLIC CENTER. 3055 Mount Pleasant St. NW (483-1520). Provides educational and health care, social services and religious programs. Services are free.