Washington area motorists are advised to be alert for traffic disruptions on the following roads in the coming week, according to traffic and highway officials. Numbers in the black squares on the map correspond with the numbers below.
Work that has been announced in the past few days is in italic. DISTRICT NORTHWEST
1. EASTERN AVE. -- Traffic has been reduced to one lane in each direction from 14th Street to Georgia Avenue.
2. M ST., 1600-2300 blocks -- There will be variable lane closures during the day for construction.
3. RHODE ISLAND AVE. -- Eastbound and westbound lanes reduced from two to one in the 500 block of Rhode Island Ave.
4. SEVENTH ST. -- There will be delays between L and Q streets for Metro construction. Northbound traffic between I and M streets is rerouted to Sixth Street, and southbound lanes are reduced from two to one between L and M streets.
5. VAN NESS ST. -- Lanes are reduced from two to one in each direction from Connecticut Avenue to Reno Road for total reconstruction.
6. WESTERN AVE. -- Lanes are reduced from two to one in each direction between Wisconsin Avenue and 41st Street at all times for roadway reconstruction through spring. Eastbound traffic on Western Avenue between Military Road and 41st Street is being detoured onto Military Road to Connecticut Avenue.
7. WHITEHURST FREEWAY -- Delays are expected between 30th and 31st streets while a temporary ramp is being built to replace the ramp leading to the E Street expressway.
8. 16TH ST. -- Lanes are reduced from four to three during rush hours and to two at all other times between Arkansas and Alaska avenues and from Primrose Street to Eastern Avenue. MARYLAND
9. CHESAPEAKE BAY BRIDGE -- Eastbound and westbound, one lane will be closed Monday to Thursday in daylight hours and Friday from 7 a.m. to noon. MONTGOMERY COUNTY
10. CABIN JOHN BRIDGE -- Monday through Thursday, open lanes reduced from three to one in each direction from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., and on Friday and Saturday, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Tuesday through Saturday, occasional closing of all lanes for about 15 minutes from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. One lane closed in each direction during daytime off-peak hours. For daily updates, call AAA-6200.
11. MD. RTE. 28 -- Delays are expected from Georgia Avenue to Bauer Drive because of reconstruction of Rte. 28. PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY
12. RTE. 4 at RTE. 301 -- Traffic reduced from three lanes to two in each direction through June. Expect major delays.
13. KENILWORTH AVE. at GREENBELT RD. -- Traffic reduced from two lanes to one in both directions through June.
14. RTE. 201 -- Lanes are reduced from three lanes to two in both directions at Rte. 50 through the end of June. Expect major delays.
15. RTE. 201 -- Utility work between Good Luck Road and the District line through June. Expect minor delays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY
16. I-695 (BALTIMORE BELTWAY) -- Lane shifts over Md. Rte. 3 for bridge construction, and from the Baltimore County line to the Baltimore-Washington Parkway. FREDERICK COUNTY
17. I-70 -- The right eastbound lane is closed through May at the way station near New Market for construction of a deceleration lane.
18. MD. RTE. 340 -- Intermittent closing of the eastbound or westbound lane from Md. Rte. 17 to Md. Rte. 180 for road resurfacing.
19. MD. RTE. 355 -- Alternate lane closures between Francis Scott Key Mall in Frederick and Md. Rte. 85 for widening and resurfacing of the two-lane road through the summer.
20. U.S. RTE. 15 -- One northbound lane will be closed between Pryor Road and Md. Rte. 77 for shoulder construction through May. HOWARD COUNTY
21. I-70 -- Intermittent eastbound lane closures through June for concrete patching. VIRGINIA
22. I-95 SOUTH -- Lanes are narrowed, with barriers erected from Rte. 619 (Fuller Road) near Triangle, south to Chopawamsic Creek in Prince William County. Lanes also are narrowed at various locations for two- to five-mile intervals from Chopawamsic Creek at the Prince William-Stafford county line south to Ashland, through 1987.
23. I-95 -- Southbound lanes will be reduced over Furnace Road from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for bridge redecking through the end of August.
24. I-495 -- Lanes will be reduced from two to one in northbound and southbound sections at the Springfield interchange ramp over Southern Railroad Road for road narrowing.
25. ARLINGTON MEMORIAL BRIDGE -- A safety barrier will narrow four of the bridge's six lanes for sidewalk construction, and one of the six lanes will be closed for 24-hour periods for reconstruction until April 19. After that date, two lanes will be closed at all times until Sept. 25.
26. GEORGE WASHINGTON PKWY. -- Road resurfacing is under way during nighttime hours from National Airport south to Alexandria.
27. GEORGE WASHINGTON PKWY. -- Lanes have been reduced from two to one southbound from 6:30 to 9 a.m. and from two to one northbound from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. weekdays on a 200-foot section of the parkway north of Tulane Drive. Traffic may be restricted to one lane in either direction at other times.
28. THEODORE ROOSEVELT BRIDGE -- New barricades that channel Washington-bound traffic on U.S. 50 into one lane as it enters the bridge have caused considerable delays.ALEXANDRIA
29. DUKE ST. -- Lanes have been reduced from two to one in each direction during nonpeak hours from Longview Drive to Wheeler Avenue through March 1986. ARLINGTON
30. CRYSTAL DR. -- The intersection with S. 12th St. will be closed between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday for building construction through June.
31. N. COURT HOUSE RD. -- The ramp connecting N. Courthouse Road to eastbound Rte. 50 is closed and detours posted to the end of July for redecking. Other construction projects around the courthouse will also cause delays.
32. WILSON BLVD. -- Lanes will be reduced from four to three through June because of construction of an underground pedestrian tunnel to the Courthouse Metro station.
33. WILSON BLVD. -- Lanes between Jefferson Davis Highway and N. Kent Street will be reduced from four to three periodically through June because of the construction. FAIRFAX COUNTY
34. I-66 -- Lanes are being closed periodically from Rte. 29 and the Prince William County line from 9 a.m. through 3:30 p.m. for repaving.
35. I-66 -- There may be delays in the eastbound and westbound lanes near the Vienna-Nutley Road Metro station, stemming from bridge repairs.
36. I-66 -- Beginning Tuesday and lasting through August, lanes will be narrowed near the Rte. 28 weigh station because of bridge construction. Delays are expected during nonpeak hours at the Rte. 28 exit through the summer.
37. RTE. 50 -- Eastbound lanes will be closed from Rte. 28 to the Loudoun County line from 9 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
38. RTE. 50 -- Traffic detoured onto road running parallel to Rte. 50 at Gallows Rd. for bridge construction, through February 1986.
39. RTE. 50-Delays expected between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. at Annandale Rd. for construction of four turn lanes through August.
40. BRADDOCK RD. -- Delays expected between Red Fox Drive and I-495. Traffic detoured 1/4 mile east of Rte. 28 beginning Tuesday through August.
41. GALLOWS RD. -- Street is barricaded, with detours posted, at the Rte. 50 interchange. FAUQUIER COUNTY
42. RTE. 17 -- Tractor-trailer-type vehicles are banned between I-66 and the Rte. 7 interchange and from the Warrenton town limits for an indefinite period. LOUDOUN COUNTY
43. RTE. 15 -- Two bridges just south of Rte. 663 have been reduced to one lane in each direction through 1985. PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY
44. RTE. 15 -- Northbound bridge over Catharpin Creek has been reduced to one lane.
45. RTE. 15 -- Tractor-trailer-type vehicles are banned between Rte. 29 and Haymarket.
46. RTE. 234 (GRANT AVE.) -- Traffic is being detoured around underpass through May. At the Prince William Street intersection, the road is being excavated and motorists are encouraged to find alternative routes.