Washington area motorists are advised to be alert for traffic disruptions on the following roads in the coming week, according to traffic and highway officials. Numbers in the black squares on the map correspond with the numbers below.
Work that has been announced in the past few days is in italics. DISTRICT NORTHEAST
1. MONTANA AVE. -- Lanes have been reduced from two to one in each direction from New York Avenue to Adams Street for two months. NORTHWEST
2. M ST., 1600-2300 blocks -- There will be variable lane closures during the day for construction.
3. RHODE ISLAND AVE. -- Eastbound and westbound lanes reduced from two to one in the 500 block of Rhode Island Avenue.
4. SEVENTH ST. -- There will be delays between L and Q streets for Metro construction. Northbound traffic between I and M streets is rerouted to Sixth Street, and southbound lanes are reduced from two to one between L and M streets.
5. VAN NESS ST. -- Lanes are reduced from two to one in each direction from Connecticut Avenue to Reno Road for total reconstruction.
6. WESTERN AVE. -- Lanes are reduced from two to one in each direction between Wisconsin Avenue and 41st Street at all times for roadway reconstruction through spring. Eastbound traffic on Western Avenue between Military Road and 41st Street is being detoured onto Military Road to Connecticut Avenue.
7. WHITEHURST FREEWAY -- Delays are expected between 30th and 31st streets while a temporary ramp is being built to replace the ramp leading to the E Street Expressway.
8. 16TH ST. -- Lanes are reduced from four to three during rush hours and to two at all other times between Arkansas and Alaska avenues. MARYLAND
9. CHESAPEAKE BAY BRIDGE -- Eastbound and westbound, one lane will be closed Monday to Thursday in daylight hours and Friday from 7 a.m. to noon. MONTGOMERY COUNTY
10. CABIN JOHN BRIDGE -- Monday through Thursday, open lanes reduced from three to one in each direction from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., and on Friday and Saturday, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Tuesday through Saturday, occasional closing of all lanes for about 15 minutes from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. One lane closed in each direction during daytime off-peak hours. For daily updates, call AAA-6200.
11.GOSHEN ROAD/NORTH SUMMIT AVENUE -- Closed between Odendhal Avenue and Emory Grove Road through Sept. 1 for construction of the new Mid-County Highway.
12. MD. RTE. 28 -- Delays are expected from Georgia Avenue to Bauer Drive because of reconstruction of Rte. 28. PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY
13. I-95 AT I-295 (ANACOSTIA FREEWAY) AND RTE. 210 -- Widening bridge on outer loop (northbound traffic) over I-295, maintaining three lanes; widening outer loop bridge over Indian Head Highway, maintaining four lanes through August. Expect major delays.
14. KENILWORTH AVE. AT GREENBELT RD. -- Traffic reduced from two lanes to one in both directions through June.
15. KENILWORTH AVENUE -- Lanes are reduced from three lanes to two in both directions at Rte. 50 through the end of June. Expect major delays.
16. KENILWORTH AVENUE -- Utility work between Good Luck Road and the District line through June. Expect minor delays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY
17. I-695 (BALTIMORE BELTWAY) -- Lane shifts over Md. Rte. 3 for bridge construction, and from the Baltimore County line to the Baltimore-Washington Parkway. FREDERICK COUNTY
18. I-70 -- One westbound lane closed from I-270 to Myersville for resurfacing through July.
19. U.S. RTE. 15 -- One northbound lane will be closed between Pryor Road and Md. Rte. 77 for shoulder construction through June. HOWARD COUNTY
20. I-70 -- Intermittent eastbound lane closures through June for concrete patching.
21. MD. RTE. 216 -- Intermittent lane closures from Prince George's Street to I-95 for resurfacing and safety upgrading through June. VIRGINIA
22. I-95 SOUTH -- Lanes are narrowed, with barriers erected from Rte. 619 (Fuller Road) near Triangle, south to Chopawamsic Creek in Prince William County. Lanes also are narrowed for two- to five-mile intervals from Chopawamsic Creek at the Prince William-Stafford county line south to Ashland, through 1987.
23. ARLINGTON MEMORIAL BRIDGE -- Two lanes closed at all times for construction until Sept. 25.
24. GEORGE WASHINGTON PKWY. -- Northbound lanes reduced from two to one from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; southbound lanes reduced from two to one from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. for resurfacing between National Airport and Alexandria.
25. GEORGE WASHINGTON PKWY. -- Lanes have been reduced from two to one southbound from 6:30 to 9 a.m. and from two to one northbound from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. weekdays on a 200-foot section of the parkway north of Tulane Drive. Traffic may be restricted to one lane in either direction at other times.
26. THEODORE ROOSEVELT BRIDGE -- Barricades that channel Washington-bound traffic on U.S. 50 into one lane as it enters the bridge have caused considerable delays. ALEXANDRIA
27. DUKE ST. -- All traffic reduced to one dirt and gravel lane between Wheeler Avenue and S. Quaker Lane until about July 10 for construction. Also, lanes have been reduced from two to one in each direction during nonpeak hours from Longview Drive to Wheeler Avenue through March.
28. DUKE ST. -- Lanes are reduced from two to one at the intersection with Quaker Lane for work on Duke Street. Work will be on a 24-hour basis except for rush hours (6 to 9 a.m. and 3:30 to 7 p.m.). Trucks should use Duke Street; cars may use Van Dorn or King streets. ARLINGTON
29. CRYSTAL DR. -- The intersection with S. 12th St. will be closed between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday for building construction through June.
30. N. COURTHOUSE RD. -- The ramp connecting N. Courthouse Road to eastbound Rte. 50 is closed and detours posted to the end of July for redecking. Other construction projects around the courthouse also will cause delays.
31. WILSON BLVD. -- Lanes will be reduced from four to three through June because of construction of an underground pedestrian tunnel to the Courthouse Metro station.
32. WILSON BLVD. -- Lanes between Jefferson Davis Highway and N. Kent Street will be reduced from four to three periodically through June for construction of turning lanes. FAIRFAX COUNTY
33. I-66 -- Lanes are being closed periodical- ly from Rte. 29 and the Prince William County line from 9 a.m. through 3:30 p.m. for repaving.
34. I-66 -- There may be delays in eastbound and westbound lanes near the Vienna-Nutley Road Metro station, for bridge repairs.
35. I-66 -- Lanes will be narrowed near the Rte. 28 weigh station because of bridge construction through August. Delays are expected during nonpeak hours at the Rte. 28 exit.
36. RTE. 50 -- Eastbound lanes will be closed from Rte. 28 to the Loudoun County line from 9 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
37. RTE. 50 -- Traffic detoured onto road running parallel to Rte. 50 at Gallows Road for bridge construction through February 1986. Motorists usually exiting the Beltway at Rte. 50 west with plans to turn right onto Gallows Road should continue one exit further and use Exit 7.
38. RTE. 50 -- Delays expected between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. at Annandale Road for construction of four turn lanes through August.
39. BRADDOCK RD. -- Delays expected between Red Fox Drive and I-495. Traffic detoured 1/4 mile east of Rte. 28 through August.
40. GALLOWS RD. -- Street is barricaded, with detours posted, at Rte. 50. FAUQUIER COUNTY
41. RTE. 17 -- Tractor-trailer-type vehicles are banned between I-66 and the Rte. 7 interchange and from the Warrenton town limits. LOUDOUN COUNTY
42. RTE. 15 -- Two bridges just south of Rte. 663 have been reduced to one lane in each direction through 1985. PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY
43. RTE. 15 -- Tractor-trailer-type vehicles are banned between Rte. 29 and Haymarket.
44. RTE. 234 (GRANT AVE.) -- Traffic is being detoured around underpass. The road is being excavated at Prince William Street.
45. RTE. 234 -- The bridge over Rte. 95 will be resurfaced. At times lanes will be reduced to one in each direction through