Washington area motorists are advised to be alert for traffic disruptions on the following roads in the coming week, according to traffic and highway officials. Numbers in the black squares on the map correspond with the numbers below.
Work that has been announced in the past few days is in italics. DISTRICT NORTHEAST
1. MONTANA AVE. -- Lanes have been reduced from two to one in each direction from New York Avenue to Adams Street. NORTHWEST
2. HAREWOOD RD. -- From North Capitol Street to Rock Creek Church Road, all lanes closed to through traffic for road construction through mid-September.
3. M ST., 1600-2300 blocks -- There will be variable lane closures during the day for construction.
4. SEVENTH ST. -- Delays between L and Q streets for Metro construction. Northbound traffic between I and M streets is rerouted to Sixth Street, and southbound lanes are reduced from two to one between L and M streets.
5. VAN NESS ST. -- Lanes are reduced from two to one in each direction from Connecticut Avenue to Reno Road.
6. WESTERN AVE. -- Lanes are reduced from two to one in each direction between Wisconsin Avenue and 41st Street at all times for roadway reconstruction. Eastbound traffic on Western Avenue between Military Road and 41st Street is being detoured onto Military Road to Connecticut Avenue.
7. WHITEHURST FREEWAY -- Delays are expected between 30th and 31st streets while a temporary ramp is being built to replace the ramp leading to the E Street Expressway.
8. 16TH ST. -- Lanes reduced from four to three during rush hours and to two at other times between Arkansas Avenue and Emerson Street. MARYLAND
9.CHESAPEAKE BAY BRIDGE -- Eastbound and westbound, one lane will be closed Monday to Thursday in daylight hours and Friday from 7 a.m. to noon. MONTGOMERY COUNTY
10. CABIN JOHN BRIDGE -- Monday through Thursday, open lanes reduced from three to one in each direction from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., and on Friday and Saturday, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Tuesday through Saturday, occasional closing of all lanes for about 15 minutes from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. One lane closed in each direction during daytime off-peak hours. For daily updates, call AAA-6200.
11. FIELDS AND SHADY GROVE RDS. -- Drivers going toward the Washingtonian Country Club area will not be able to go from Shady Grove Road onto Fields Road. An approach ramp leads to I-270 heading toward Rockville. To get from Shady Grove Road to the country club, take Key West Avenue. Also, drivers on Rte. 28 toward Rockville may use a new leg of Key West Avenue that meets Rte. 28 near Muddy Branch Road.
12.GOSHEN RD./NORTH SUMMIT AVE. -- Closed between Odendhal Avenue and Emory Grove Road through Sept. 1 for construction of the new Mid-County Highway.
13. MD. RTE. 28 -- Delays are expected from Georgia Avenue to Bauer Drive because of reconstruction of Rte. 28. PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY
14. I-95 AT I-295 (ANACOSTIA FREEWAY) AND RTE. 210 -- Widening bridge on outer loop (northbound traffic) over I-295, maintaining three lanes; widening outer loop bridge over Indian Head Highway, maintaining four lanes. Expect major delays.
15. KENILWORTH AVE. (MD. RTE. 201) -- Closed 500 feet north of Pontiac St. to I-95 South Beltway exit for construction of future Greenbelt Rd. interchange over Kenilworth Ave. Drivers must use mile-long detour road parallel to Kenilworth Ave.
16. KENILWORTH AVE. (MD. RTE. 201) -- Lane closures on Kenilworth Avenue bridge over U.S. Rte. 50 for redecking. ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY
17. I-695 (BALTIMORE BELTWAY) -- Lane shifts over Md. Rte. 3 for bridge construction, and from the Baltimore County line to the Baltimore-Washington Parkway. FREDERICK COUNTY
18. I-70 -- One eastbound lane closed from I-270 to Myersville for resurfacing through July.
19. U.S. RTE. 15 -- One northbound lane closed between Pryor Road and Md. Rte. 77 for shoulder construction through July. HOWARD COUNTY
20. MD. RTE. 40 FROM WEST OF MD. RTE. 144 TO I-70 -- One lane closed in each direction for concrete patching through July. VIRGINIA
21. I-95 North. Northbound lanes over Furnace Road will be reduced from three lanes to two on July 29.
22. I-95 SOUTH -- Lanes are narrowed, with barriers erected from Rte. 619 (Fuller Road) near Triangle, south to Chopawamsic Creek in Prince William County. Lanes also are narrowed for two- to five-mile intervals from Chopawamsic Creek at the Prince William-Stafford county line south to Ashland, through 1987.
23. ARLINGTON MEMORIAL BRIDGE -- Two lanes closed at all times for construction until Sept. 25.
24. GEORGE WASHINGTON PKWY. -- Northbound lanes reduced from two to one from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; southbound lanes reduced from two to one from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. for resurfacing between National Airport and Alexandria.
25. GEORGE WASHINGTON PKWY. -- Lanes have been reduced from two to one southbound from 6:30 to 9 a.m. and from two to one northbound from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. weekdays on a 200-foot section of the parkway north of Tulane Drive. Traffic may be restricted to one lane in either direction at other times.
26. THEODORE ROOSEVELT BRIDGE -- Barricades that channel Washington-bound traffic on U.S. 50 into one lane as it enters the bridge have caused considerable delays. ALEXANDRIA
27. DUKE ST. -- Also, lanes have been reduced from two to one in each direction during nonpeak hours from Longview Drive to Wheeler Avenue through March.
28. DUKE ST. -- Lanes are reduced from two to one at the intersection with Quaker Lane for work on Duke Street. Work will be on a 24-hour basis except for rush hours (6 to 9 a.m. and 3:30 to 7 p.m.). Trucks should use Duke Street; cars may use Van Dorn or King. ARLINGTON
29. COURTHOUSE RD. NORTH -- The ramp connecting N. Courthouse Road to eastbound Rte. 50 is closed and detours posted to the end of July for redecking. Other construction projects around the courthouse also will cause delays.
30. CRYSTAL DR. -- The intersection with S. 12th Street will be closed between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday for building construction through July 26.
31. N. LYNN ST. -- From Wilson Blvd. to N. 19th Street, periodic delays and lane closures for sidewalk widening through September. FAIRFAX COUNTY
32. DULLES ACCESS RD. -- Eastbound lanes will be reduced for one month on the bridge over Rte. 123 for resurfacing.
33. I-66 -- Lanes are being closed periodically from Rte. 29 and the Prince William County line from 9 a.m. through 3:30 p.m.
34. I-66 -- There may be delays near the Vienna-Nutley Road Metro station, for bridge repairs.
35. I-66 -- Lanes will be narrowed near the Rte. 28 weigh station because of bridge construction through August. Delays are expected during nonpeak hours at the Rte. 28 exit.
36. RTE. 50 -- Eastbound lanes will be closed from Rte. 28 to the Loudoun County line from 9 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
37. RTE. 50 -- Traffic detoured onto road running parallel to Rte. 50 at Gallows Road for bridge construction through February 1986. Motorists usually exiting the Beltway at Rte. 50 west with plans to turn right onto Gallows Road should continue one exit further and use Exit 7.
38. RTE. 50 -- Delays expected between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. at Annandale Road for construction of four turn lanes.
39. BRADDOCK RD. -- Delays expected between Red Fox Drive and I-495. Traffic detoured 1/4 mile east of Rte. 28.
40. GALLOWS RD. -- Street is barricaded, with detours posted, at Rte. 50. FAUQUIER COUNTY
41. RTE. 17 -- Tractor-trailer vehicles are banned between I-66 and the Rte. 7 interchange and from the Warrenton town limits. LOUDOUN COUNTY
42. RTE. 15 -- Two bridges just south of Rte. 663 have been reduced to one lane in each direction through 1985. PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY
43. RTE. 15 -- Tractor-trailer-type vehicles are banned between Rte. 29 and Haymarket.
44. RTE. 123 -- Traffic may be restricted to one lane through July because the bridge over Rte. 95 is being redecked.