Washington area motorists are advised to be alert for traffic disruptions on the following roads in the coming week, according to traffic and highway officials.
Numbers in the black squares on the map correspond with the numbers below.
Work that has been announced in the past few days is in italics. THE DISTRICT NORTHWEST
1. M ST., 1600-2300 blocks -- There will be variable lane closures during the day for construction.
2. HAREWOOD RD. -- From North Capitol Street to Rock Creek Church Road, all lanes closed to through traffic for road construction through mid-September.
3. MEMORIAL BRIDGE -- Construction barriers on the bridge will seperate the two inbound lanes, making lane switches impossible. Left lane traffic from Va., Rte. 110, Rte. 50 and the George Washington Memorial Parkway, must use Constitution Avenue. Curb lane traffic can use Constitution Avenue, Independence Avenue, or Rock Creek Parkway to the E Street Expressway.
4. TIDAL BASIN INLET BRIDGE -- The two-lane bridge will be closed to eastbound traffic beginning Monday through the end of the year. Westbound traffic will run as usual.
5. VAN NESS ST. -- Lanes are reduced from two to one in each direction from Connecticut Avenue to Reno Road.
6. WESTERN AVE. -- Lanes are reduced from two to one in each direction between Wisconsin Avenue and 41st Street at all times for roadway reconstruction. Eastbound traffic on Western Avenue between Military Road and 41st Street is being detoured onto Military Road to Connecticut Avenue.
7. WHITEHURST FREEWAY -- Delays are expected between 30th and 31st streets while a temporary ramp is being built to replace the ramp leading to the E Street Expressway.
8. SEVENTH ST. -- Delays between L and Q streets for Metro construction. Northbound traffic between I and M streets is rerouted to Sixth Street, and southbound lanes are reduced from two to one between L and M streets.
9. 16TH ST. -- Lanes reduced from four to three during rush hours and to two at other times between Arkansas Avenue and Emerson Street. MARYLAND
10. CHESAPEAKE BAY BRIDGE -- Eastbound and westbound, one lane will be closed Monday to Thursday in daylight hours and Friday from 7 a.m. to noon. MONTGOMERY COUNTY
11. CABIN JOHN BRIDGE -- Monday through Thursday, open lanes reduced from three to one in each direction from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., and on Friday and Saturday, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Tuesday through Saturday, occasional closing of all lanes for about 15 minutes from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. One lane closed in each direction during daytime off-peak hours. For daily updates, call AAA-6200.
12. GOSHEN RD./NORTH SUMMIT AVE. -- Closed between Odendhal Avenue and Emory Grove Road for construction of the new Mid-County Highway. PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY
13. I-95 AT I-295 (ANACOSTIA FREEWAY) AND RTE. 210 -- Widening bridge on outer loop (northbound traffic) over I-295, maintaining three lanes; widening outer loop bridge over Indian Head Highway, maintaining four lanes. Expect major delays.
14. I-95 -- Lanes reduced at night for road resurfacing, 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday through Thursday, from Branch Avenue (Rte. 5) to St. Barnabas Road (Rte. 414) through August.
15. I-95 -- At I-95 and Ardwick-Ardmore Rd. lanes are reduced for redecking of Ardwick-Ardmore Rd. bridge over I-95 until 1986.
16. GEORGE PALMER HWY. AT I-95 -- Lanes reduced for redecking of George Palmer Highway (Rte. 704) over I-95 until 1986.
17. KENILWORTH AVE. (MD. RTE. 201) -- Closed 500 feet north of Pontiac Street to I-95 South Beltway exit for construction of future Greenbelt Road interchange over Kenilworth Avenue. Drivers must use mile-long detour road parallel to Kenilworth.
18. KENILWORTH AVE. (MD. RTE. 201) -- Lane closures on Kenilworth Avenue bridge over U.S. Rte. 50 for redecking. ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY
19. I-695 (BALTIMORE BELTWAY) -- Lane shifts over Md. Rte. 3 for bridge construction, and from the Baltimore County line to the Baltimore-Washington Parkway. FREDERICK COUNTY
20. I-70 -- One lane closed in each direction from I-270 to Myersville for resurfacing through September.
21. U.S. RTE. 15 -- One northbound lane closed between Pryor Road and Md. Rte. 77 for shoulder construction through September.
22. U.S. RTE. 40 ALTERNATE -- Lane restrictions in each direction from Coblentz Rd. to the Washington County line for resurfacing and safety improvements through November. HOWARD COUNTY
23. I-70 -- Intermittent westbound lane closures for concrete repairs through August.
24. MD. RTE. 40 -- One lane closed in each direction from west of Md. Rte. 144 to I-70 for concrete patching through the week. VIRGINIA
25. I-66 -- Traffic reduced to one lane in each direction between I-495 and Rte. 29 during non-rush hours for construction of Metrorail safety improvements, through December.
26. I-95 NORTH -- Northbound lanes over Furnace Road may be reduced.
27. I-95 SOUTH -- Lanes are narrowed, with barriers erected from Rte. 619 (Fuller Road) near Triangle, south to Chopawamsic Creek in Prince William County. Lanes also are narrowed for two- to five-mile intervals from Chopawamsic Creek at the Prince William-Stafford county line south to Ashland, through 1987.
28. I-495 -- Beginning Tuesday, there will be delays on the inner and outer loops of the Beltway between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. from Rte. 123 to the Cabin John Bridge; there will be periodic closures of the right and left lanes Monday through Saturday through December.
29. GEORGE WASHINGTON PKWY. -- Northbound lanes reduced from two to one from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; southbound lanes reduced from two to one from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. for resurfacing between National Airport and Alexandria.
30. GEORGE WASHINGTON PKWY. -- Lanes have been reduced from two to one southbound from 6:30 to 9 a.m. and from two to one northbound from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. weekdays on a 200-foot section of the parkway north of Tulane Drive. Traffic may be restricted to one lane in either direction at other times.
31. PICKETT RD. -- Traffic reduced to one lane in each direction between Colonial Avenue and Rte. 236 during nonrush hours for construction of turn lanes until June 1986.
32. PROSPERITY AVE. -- Delays expected between Rte. 50 and Lee Highway during nonrush hours for road widening until June 1986.
33. THEODORE ROOSEVELT BRIDGE -- Barricades that channel Washington-bound traffic on Rte. 50 into one lane as it enters the bridge have caused considerable delays. ALEXANDRIA
34. DUKE ST. -- Lanes are reduced from two to one at the Quaker Lane intersection for work on Duke Street. Work will be on a 24-hour basis except for rush hours (6 to 9 a.m. and 3:30 to 7 p.m.). Trucks should use Duke Street; cars may use Van Dorn or King. ARLINGTON COUNTY
35. S. FERN ST. -- From S. 12th Street to Army Navy Drive, the northbound lane will be closed for storm sewer construction through September.
36.N. LYNN ST. -- From Wilson Boulevard to N. 19th Street, periodic delays and lane closures for sidewalk widening through September.
37. WILSON BLVD. -- From N. Courthouse Road to N. Veitch Street, westbound traffic will be reduced from two lanes to one through August. And during the afternoon rush hour from 3:45 to 6:30 p.m. eastbound lanes will be reduced to one while two westbound lanes will be open for traffic during the construction of a pedestrian tunnel under Wilson Boulevard. FAIRFAX COUNTY
38. DULLES ACCESS RD. -- Eastbound lanes are reduced on the bridge over Rte. 123 for resurfacing.
39. I-66 -- Lanes are being closed periodically from Rte. 29 and the Prince William County line from 9 a.m. through 3:30 p.m.
40. I-66 -- Lanes will be narrowed near the Rte. 28 weigh station because of bridge construction through the week. Delays are expected during nonpeak hours at the Rte. 28 exit.
41. I-66 -- Westbound lanes will be shifted to temporary median lanes, between Rtes. 50 and 28, for six months for bridge construction.
42. RTE. 50 -- Eastbound lanes will be closed from Rte. 28 to the Loudoun County line from 9 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
43. RTE. 50 -- Delays expected between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. at Annandale Road for construction of four turn lanes.
44. BRADDOCK RD. -- Delays expected between Red Fox Drive and I-495. Traffic detoured 1/4 mile east of Rte. 28. PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY
45. RTE. 123 -- Traffic may be restricted to one lane through the week because the bridge over Rte. 95 is being redecked.