Washington area motorists are advised to be alert for traffic disruptions on the following roads in the coming week, according to traffic and highway officials.
Numbers in the black squares on the map correspond with the numbers below.
Work that has been announced in the past few days is in italics. THE DISTRICT
1. HAREWOOD RD. -- From North Capitol Street to Rock Creek Church Road, all lanes closed to through traffic for road construction through the week.
2. MEMORIAL BRIDGE -- Construction barriers on the bridge will separate the two inbound lanes, making lane switches impossible. Left lane traffic from Va., Rte. 110, Rte. 50 and the George Washington Memorial Parkway must use Constitution Avenue. Curb lane traffic can use Constitution Avenue, Independence Avenue or Rock Creek Parkway to the E Street Expressway, through the week.
3. TIDAL BASIN INLET BRIDGE -- The two-lane bridge will be closed to eastbound traffic through the end of the year. Westbound traffic will run as usual.
4. WESTERN AVE. -- Lanes are reduced from two to one in each direction between Wisconsin Avenue and 41st Street at all times for roadway reconstruction. Eastbound traffic on Western Avenue between Military Road and 41st Street is being detoured onto Military Road to Connecticut Avenue.
5. SEVENTH ST. -- Delays between L and Q streets for construction of the Metro's yellow line. Northbound traffic between I and M streets is rerouted to Sixth Street, and southbound lanes are reduced from two to one between L and M streets. MARYLAND
6. CHESAPEAKE BAY BRIDGE -- Eastbound and westbound, one lane will be closed Monday to Thursday in daylight hours and Friday from 7 a.m. to noon. MONTGOMERY COUNTY
7. CABIN JOHN BRIDGE -- Monday through Thursday, open lanes are reduced from three to one in each direction from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., and on Friday and Saturday from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Tuesday through Saturday, occasional closing of all lanes for about 15 minutes from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. One lane is closed in each direction during daytime off-peak hours. For daily updates, call AAA-6200 and the Montgomery County Training Academy.
8. MD. RTE. 198 -- Single-lane closures from U.S. Rte. 29 to I-95 during nonrush hours for reconstruction of Md. Rte. 198.
9. MD. RTE. 355 -- Single-lane closures from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily from South Summit Avenue north to Chestnut Street for bridge widening. PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY
10. I-95 AT I-295 (ANACOSTIA FREEWAY) AND RTE. 210 -- Widening bridge on outer loop (northbound traffic) over I-295, maintaining three lanes; widening outer loop bridge over Indian Head Highway, maintaining four lanes. Expect major delays.
11. I-95 -- Lanes are reduced at night for road resurfacing from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday through Thursday, from Branch Avenue (Rte. 5) to St. Barnabas Road (Rte. 414).
12. I-95 -- At I-95 and Ardwick-Ardmore Road, lanes are reduced for redecking of the Ardwick-Ardmore Road bridge over I-95 until 1986.
13. I-95 AT I-495 -- Possible delays for reconstruction of the interchange through early 1986.
14. GEORGE PALMER HWY. AT I-95 -- Lanes are reduced for the redecking of George Palmer Highway (Rte. 704) over I-95 until 1986.
15. KENILWORTH AVE. (MD. RTE. 201) -- Closed 500 feet north of Pontiac Street to I-95 South Beltway exit for construction of Greenbelt Road interchange over Kenilworth Avenue. Drivers must use mile-long detour road parallel to Kenilworth. FREDERICK COUNTY
16. U.S. RTE. 15 -- One northbound lane will be closed between Pryor Road and Md. Rte. 77 for shoulder construction through October.
17. U.S. RTE. 40 ALTERNATE -- There are lane restrictions in each direction from Coblentz Road to the Washington County line for road resurfacing and safety improvements through November. HOWARD COUNTY
18. I-70 -- There will be intermittent west-bound lane closures for concrete repairs through October.
19. MD. RTE. 40 -- One lane will be closed in each direction from west of Md. Route 144 to I-70 for concrete patching through October. VIRGINIA
20. I-66 -- Delays expected at various locations betwen Rte. 29 and the Prince William County line from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. for road resurfacing and bridge construction, through December.
21. I-95 NORTH -- Northbound lanes over Furnace Road may be reduced.
22. I-95 SOUTH -- Lanes are narrowed, with barriers erected from Rte. 619 (Fuller Road) near Triangle, south to Chopawamsic Creek in Prince William County. Lanes also are narrowed at various locations for two- to five-mile intervals from Chopawamsic Creek at the Prince William-Stafford County line south to Ashland, through 1987.
23. I-95 -- Lanes have been reduced from three lanes to two at various locations between Old Keene Mill Road near Springfield and Rte. 1 near Woodbridge from 9 a.m. to 5 a.m. for road construction, through November.
24. I-495 -- Delays on the inner and outer loops of the Beltway between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. from Rte. 123 to the Cabin John Bridge; there will be periodic closures of the right and left lanes Monday through Saturday, through December.
25. I-495 -- Delays are to be expected on the inner and outer loops of the Beltway between Routes 123 and 193 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for shoulder restoration, through December.
26. GEORGE WASHINGTON PKWY. -- Northbound lanes have been reduced from two to one from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; southbound lanes have been reduced from two to one from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. for resurfacing between National Airport and Alexandria.
27. GEORGE WASHINGTON PKWY. -- Lanes have been reduced from two to one southbound from 6:30 to 9 a.m. and from two to one northbound from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. weekdays on a 200-foot section of the parkway north of Tulane Drive. Traffic on the parkway may be restricted to one lane in either direction at other times.
28. PICKETT RD. -- Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction between Colonial Avenue and Route 236 during nonrush hours for construction of turn lanes through June 1986.
29. PROSPERITY AVE. -- Delays are to be expected between Rte. 50 and Lee Highway during nonrush hours for road widening, until June 1986.
30. RTE. 29 -- Northbound lanes reduced from two to one between Centreville and West Ox roads for construction of a private subdivi- sion, through the week.
31. THEODORE ROOSEVELT BRIDGE -- Barricades that channel Washington-bound traffic on Rte. 50 into one lane as it enters the bridge have caused considerable delays. ALEXANDRIA
32. DUKE ST. -- Lanes reduced from two to one at the intersection with Quaker Lane for work on Duke Street. Work will be on a 24-hour basis except for rush hours (6 to 9 a.m. and 3:30 to 7 p.m.). Trucks should continue to use Duke Street; cars may use Van Dorn or King streets as alternative routes. ARLINGTON COUNTY
33. S. FERN ST. -- Northbound lanes closed between S. 12th Street and Army Navy Drive for construction of storm sewer, through mid-October.
34. WALTER REED DR. S. -- From S. Wakefield St. to the Arlington-Alexandria line, periodic delays and lane closures for street construction, through mid-October.
35. WILSON BLVD. -- From North Courthouse Road to North Veitch Street, lanes will be reduced from four to three through October for the construction of a pedestrian tunnel under Wilson Blvd. At most times, there will be two lanes eastbound and one westbound lane. This will be reversed 3:45 to 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
36. WILSON BLVD. -- From N. Kent St. to N. Lynn St., there will be a detour for westbound lanes for building construction, through 1986.
37. 12TH STREET S. AND CRYSTAL DR. -- Closed 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday for building construction, through Oct. 5. FAIRFAX COUNTY
38. DULLES ACCESS RD. -- Eastbound lanes reduced on the bridge over Rte. 123 for resurfacing through the summer.
39. RTE. 50 -- Delays expected between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. at Annandale Road for construction of four turn lanes.
40. BRADDOCK RD. -- Delays expected between Red Fox Drive and I-495. Traffic detoured a quarter mile east of Rte. 28. PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY
41. RTE. 123 -- Traffic may be restricted to one lane through the week because the bridge over Rte. 95 is being redecked.