Detective William Corboy, who in August won a protracted unfair labor practice complaint against the D.C. police department, has filed a formal grievance with Chief Maurice T. Turner Jr. charging that the department's failure to return him to the homicide branch is a "continuing reprisal" stemming from the labor dispute.

Corboy filed his original labor dispute after being ousted from the homicide branch in November 1983.

When Corboy won that dispute four months ago, Turner said he could return to the branch after passing a physical examination.

Corboy's new complaint says that he passed a physical, but was assigned to the 4th District despite his wish to return to homicide.

In the original dispute, the D.C. Public Employees Relations Board upheld a hearing examiner's ruling that Corboy and his former partner in the homicide branch, Thomas J. Kilcullen, were unfairly harassed and improperly punished because of an antiunion bias on the part of police officials.

The examiner based his findings on what he referred to as arbitrary threats and punishments, such as splitting up the partners and changing their days off, that were taken against them after Corboy filed his complaint.

The examiner ordered police officials to "cease and desist from taking reprisals, retaliation and discriminatory action" against the pair.

Turner acknowledged at the time of the board's decision that police officials, including Deputy Chief Alfonso Gibson, had acted in a "retaliatory" manner against Corboy and Kilcullen.

The chief said then that Corboy, who had been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident after being transferred out of homicide, could return to duty there after he passed a physical.

Turner, through a spokesman, declined this week to discuss Corboy's new grievance or the fact that Corboy has not been returned to homicide.

The new grievance alleges that following the Public Employees Relations Board's ruling in favor of the complaint by Corboy and Kilcullen, Deputy Chief Gibson stated in a staff meeting "that he was 'wounded, but not killed' by news reports of the critical ruling and that he 'would come back.' "

Gibson declined to comment this week on Corboy's new grievance and the remarks it attributes to him.

According to the new grievance, Turner met last week with Gary Hankins, labor committee chairman for the Fraternal Order of Police, and "advised him that there was too much turmoil in the homicide unit" for Corboy to be returned.

Corboy's new grievance seeks reinstatement in the homicide branch with his former partner and a return to the same days off that he had before the dispute began.