Alexandria police arrested a Falls Church pediatrician and former Army doctor yesterday and charged him with forcing a 15-year-old boy to commit sodomy during a physical examination in June 1983.

The doctor, identified by police as Arthur C. Andreasen, 40, of 1840 Baldwin Dr., McLean, had worked as a pediatrician at Fort Belvoir before resigning from the Army after allegations from a patient of sexual impropriety during a physical examination, according to the public affairs officer at Fort Belvoir.

"I think it's fair to say he resigned because of allegations of sexual misconduct," said Lt. Col. John Ooley, public affairs officer at Fort Belvoir. "But there was never a trial and nothing was proven."

The case apparently was dropped after Andreasen resigned, Ooley said, but his records are in storage.

An Army spokesman said Andreasen was employed as a pediatrician at DeWitt Army Hospital at Fort Belvoir beginning in the fall of 1980 and that he resigned as a lieutenant colonel in March 1983.

Andreasen, who turned himself in to the police, could not be reached for comment yesterday.

Alexandria police said that Andreasen forced the teen-age boy, whose name was not released, to commit sex acts in a health clinic at 217 S. Payne St. The boy who said he was the victim only recently came forward with the information that led to the warrant, police said.

James Donovan, director of public affairs for Kaiser Permanente, a health care organization in Falls Church, said Andreasen yesterday resigned his position with the organization "by mutual agreement."

"During his 2 1/2 years with us, Dr. Andreasen earned the respect and confidence of his patients and fellow physicians here," said Donovan in a statement. "And we are surprised at the allegations." Donovan said there had never been a complaint made against Andreasen.

A spokesman for the Virginia State Board of Medicine, which licenses all medical doctors practicing in the state, said Andreasen had a valid license and was accredited by the American Board of Pediatrics. There was no record of any complaint lodged against him at either organization.

Police said that Andreasen was released on $2,500 bond and is scheduled to appear before a Juvenile and Domestic Court judge in Alexandria tomorrow.