73, who as corporate secretary of the Greater Washington Educational Television Association was a pioneer official of station WETA, died of cancer June 2 at her home in Washington.

She became corporate secretary of the association in 1958, five years before the station went on the air on Channel 26. She became WETA's community services manager and was affiliated with the station until retiring in 1976.

Elizabeth Campbell, WETA's founding president, said, "Pat Oliver was almost singly responsible for the early life and work of the Greater Washington Educational Television Association. Her contribution to WETA is beyond estimation."

Miss Oliver was a past president of the Washington chapter of American Women in Radio and Television and was active in the American News Women's Club. She also had served on the board of governors of the International Club and was one of the club's founding members.

Miss Oliver, who had lived in this area since 1943, was a native of Evanston, Ill. After graduating from Northwestern University in 1934, she worked on the admissions staff of a girls' school in Dallas and at the University of Chicago's International House.

After moving here, she joined the Federal Works Agency, where she was involved in efforts to obtain housing in suburban Virginia for women who had moved here to work in the war effort. From 1945 to 1947, she served with the United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration (UNRRA) in Germany. She then returned to Washington and became public relations director of the YWCA.

Miss Oliver was a golfing member of the Sherwood Forest Club and maintained a summer home in Sherwood Forest, Md., near Annapolis. A photographer, she had privately published two volumes of pictures.

There are no immediate survivors.


91, a lifelong resident of Washington who was a member of St. Matthew's Cathedral, died of cardiac arrest June 2 at Providence Hospital.

Mrs. Potter attended the old Western High School and Miss Somers' School, which later became Mount Vernon Seminary.

Her husband, Charles M. Potter, and a son, Holbrook L. Potter, both died in 1969. Survivors include six grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.