NEW YORK -- Joseph Meyer, 93, best known for the songs "California, Here I Come" and "If You Knew Susie," died June 22 at Lenox Hill Hospital here. The cause of death was not reported.

His fame was established when he and lyricist Buddy DeSylva wrote "California, Here I Come" and Al Jolson sang it in his 1925 Broadway musical, "Big Boy." He also collaborated with DeSylva on "If You Knew Susie," which was introduced by Eddie Cantor and became his signature song.

In addition to DeSylva, Mr. Meyer's collaborators included Ira Gershwin, Billy Rose, Irving Caesar, Carl Sigman and Jack Yellen. His other hit songs included "My Honey's Lovin' Arms," "Clap Hands, Here Comes Charlie," "Isn't it Heavenly," "How Long Will it Last," and "Singing a Song to the Stars."

Mr. Meyer composed songs for Broadway and Hollywood. His film credits included "Those Three French Girls," "Possessed," "Way Out West" and "Dancing Sweeties."

His stage credits included "Ziegfeld Follies of l934," "New Faces of 1936," and "Charlot's Revue," a legendary 1926 production starring Gertrude Lawrence, Beatrice Lillie and Jack Buchanan. His most popular song for the show was "A Cup of Coffee, A Sandwich and You."

Mr. Meyer was a native of Modesto, Calif., and was educated in San Francisco and Paris, where he studied violin. He entered show business as a violinist in Parisian cafes. After serving in the Army in World War I, he came to New York to try writing songs in the early 1920s.

Survivors include his wife, Rosalie, of New York City.

RALPH S. WEESE, 85, a retired housing market analyst with the Federal Housing Administration who lived in this area for 49 years before moving to Seattle in 1983, died in his home there of cancer June 12.

Mr. Weese was born in Imlay City, Mich. He graduated from the University of Michigan, where he also earned a master's degree in mathematics. He moved to the Washington area in 1934 and joined the Homeowners Loan Corp. He later worked for the Federal Home Loan Bank Board and the Census Bureau before joining the FHA in about 1950. He retired in 1965.

He was a Mason and a member of the American Association of Retired Persons and the National Association of Retired Federal Employees.

His wife, Lucy C. Weese, died in 1973. Survivors include one daughter, Laura W. Kennedy of Seattle; one brother, Warren Weese of Imlay City; three sisters, Mildred Hougom of Onalaska, Wis., Alta Blanaru of Detroit, and Marion Deppong of Attica, Mich., and three grandchildren.

MARY WILLSON CUNNINGHAM, 70, the wife and daughter of Navy officers, died of Alzheimer's disease June 20 at the Fairfield Nursing Center in Annapolis.

Mrs. Cunningham was born in Washington. As a child she accompanied her father, Vice Adm. Russel Willson, on various military assignments in the United States. He was superintendent of the U.S. Naval Academy at Annapolis before World War II.

She attended Pomona College in California and later accompanied her husband, Capt. Thomas D. Cunningham, on various naval assignments. She had lived in Annapolis since he retired 20 years ago.

In addition to her husband, of Annapolis, Mrs. Cunningham's survivors include one son, Stanley C. Cunningham II of Danville, Va.; one sister, Eunice Willson Rice of Winter Park, Fla., and one grandson.

LOUISE P. MARLATT, 77, a longtime resident of Washington who had worked at the polls in city elections, died of respiratory and cardiac arrest June 20 at Sibley Memorial Hospital.

Mrs. Marlatt was born in Old Fort, N.C., and attended the old Women's College of the University of North Carolina. She had been an office assistant to the city manager of Salisbury, N.C., before moving to Washington in 1948.

She was a member of the Chevy Chase Presbyterian Church.

Her marriage to John Milton Cooper ended in divorce.

Survivors include her husband, Carl S. Marlatt of Washington; two children by her first marriage, John Milton Cooper Jr. of Madison, Wis., and Jere Cooper Marteau of Freneuse, France; one stepdaughter, Grace Marlatt of South Pasadena, Calif.; two sisters, Nell Myers of Ellijay, Ga., and Sammie Terrill of Atlanta, and four grandchildren.

EDITH S. LATIMER, 85, a longtime Washington resident who was an amateur painter and gardener, died June 23 at Shady Grove Adventist Hospital in Rockville after a stroke.

Mrs. Latimer was born in New York City and graduated from Cornell University. Before moving to Washington in the mid-1930s, she taught in the New York public schools.

Her husband, Murray W. Latimer, died in 1985.

Survivors include one son, Hugh Latimer of Potomac; two daughters, Lenore Judith Latimer of New York City and Margaret W. Latimer of Brooklyn, N.Y., and three grandchildren.

WILLIAM F. BECKWITH, 67, a former salesman with the DeYoung Shoe Stores who moved to Florida 15 years ago, died of cancer June 16 at a hospital in Hollywood, Fla. He lived in Marathon, Fla.

Mr. Beckwith was born in Washington. He began his career as a shoe salesman in the 1930s. He worked for various retail shoe outlets during the 1940s and the 1950s and joined DeYoung's in 1965. He moved to Florida in 1972 and continued his career there. He retired in 1977.

He was a member of the Loyal Order of the Moose.

Survivors include his wife, Della Elizabeth Beckwith of Marathon; two daughters, Della E. Beckwith of Hollywood and Patricia Ann Beckwith of Arnold, Md.; four sons, William G. Beckwith of Germantown, Charles Louis Beckwith of Beaufort, S.C., and Robert and Michael Beckwith, both of Hollywood; one sister, Gertrude Baines of Cape Coral, Fla., and two grandchildren.