Conley Hall Dillon, 80, a professor emeritus at the University of Maryland, where he taught international law and public administration, died of an embolism June 26 at Doctor's Hospital of Prince George's County in Lanham.

Dr. Dillon, a resident of Silver Spring, was born in Rome, Ohio. He graduated from Marshall University in Huntington, W.Va., and he also received a master's degree there. He earned a doctorate in public administration at Duke University.

In 1934, Dr. Dillon joined the faculty at Marshall. Except for a three-year stint with the Office of Price Stabilization during the Korean War, he remained at Marshall until 1960. In that year he became a professor at the University of Maryland. He retired in 1977 as a professor emeritus.

Dr. Dillon published numerous papers in professional journals and he was a consultant on international law to a number of government agencies and other organizations. He was a past president of the American Society for Public Administration and a member of Christ Congregational Church in Silver Spring.

Survivors include his wife, Virginia Dillon of Silver Spring; two children, Carol G. Dillon of Deland, Fla., and Conley Hall Dillon Jr. of Gaithersburg; two sisters, Reva Kuhl of Hungtington and Virginia Roubieu of Fullerton, Calif., and two grandchildren.

ALBERT LEWIS TUCKER, 77, the chairman and owner of Sauls Lithograph Co Inc. in Washington, died of cancer July 2 at Anne Arundel General Hospital in Annapolis.

Mr. Tucker, a resident of Mayo, Md., was a charter member and past president of both the Washington Litho Club and the National Association of Litho Clubs.

A native of Pomonkey, Md., he grew up in Washington. In 1931, he went to work for what was then called the A.L. Sauls Planograph company. He later became a partner in the firm and in 1956 he became its sole owner.

Mr. Tucker was a member of the Benning Road Lions Club, the Annapolis Yacht Club, the Walter E. Soderstrom Society of the National Association of Photo Lithographers, and Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church in Edgewater, Md.

A son, Albert Lewis Tucker Jr., died in 1981.

Mr. Tucker's survivors include his wife, the former Elizabeth T. Beuchart, of Mayo; a sister, Mildred Ahalt of Vienna, and three grandchildren.

CHARLES DAVID STINSON, 47, a founder and owner of the Charles the First hairdressing salon in Washington, died of a brain tumor July 2 at the home of his former wife in San Diego. He had AIDS-related complex.

Mr. Stinson, a resident of Washington, was born in Indianapolis. He attended UCLA and served in the Air Force in Spain in the early 1960s. He got his training in hair dressing from Vidal Sassoon in London.

In 1964, he moved to Washington and went to work at the Charles at the Ritz hairdressers in the Woodward & Lothrop department store. He later worked at various other salons.

In 1971, Mr. Stinson and Roi Barnard founded the Charles the First salon on Connecticut Avenue NW. Mr. Stinson remained a partner there until 1983, when he opened another Charles the First salon on Wisconsin Avenue NW. He operated that business until his death.

He was a past member of the D.C. Board of Cosmetology and a member of the National Hairdressers and Cosmetology Association.

His marriage to C. Holley Stinson ended in divorce.

Survivors include one son, Zsasha Stinson of San Diego; his father, David Stinson of Indianapolis; a sister, Pat Archer of Texas, and a brother, Larry Stinson of Indianapolis.

WILLIE C. GRANT, 77, a retired porter for the Masonic Temple Association and a self-employed handyman, died July 2 at Capitol Hill Hospital. He had cancer.

Mr. Grant, a resident of Washington, was born in Rocky Mount, N.C. He came here in the 1940s. He retired about 10 years ago.

His wife, Mary Grant, died in March 1987.

Survivors include three sons, Willis C. Joyner of Rocky Mount, General E. Joyner of Allentown, Pa., and Walter Lee Joyner of Washington; a stepdaughter, Darnell Session of Maryland; two sisters, Ruth Mae Cooper and Vera S. Grant, both of Nashville, N.C.; eight grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren.

ELEANOR DEARING McKINSTER, 53, a graduate of Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School and a former resident of the Washington area, died July 2 at the Uncas-on-Thames Hospital in Norwich, Conn. She had cancer.

Mrs. McKinster was born in Boston and lived here from 1941 to 1954. She was a graduate of Radcliffe College.

Survivors include her husband, retired Navy Capt. James McKinster of North Stonington, Conn., four children, Gail Tompkins of Stamford, Conn., Barbara Taylor and Caroline Stanely, both of Bridgeport, Conn., and Stephen McKinster of Norfolk; her father, Dr. W.P. Dearing of Bethesda; three brothers, John Dearing of Malvern, Pa., James Dearing of Charleston, S.C., and Albert Dearing of Sunland, Calif.; and three grandchildren.

RALPH ZAAYENGA, 52, a lobbyist for the Sun Oil Co., died July 1 at his home in Arlington. He had cancer.

Mr. Zaayenga started work for Sun in l960 and lived in West Chester, Pa., before moving here four years ago. He was born in Yonkers, N.Y., and graduated in 1957 from Columbia University. He served in the Navy in the late 1950s and in 1961.

Mr. Zaayenga was a member of the Navy League, the Propeller Club of the United States, the Conservation Roundtable of Washington, the National Press Club, the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce, the American Petroleum Institute and several other industry organizations.

Survivors include his wife, Elizabeth Macpherson Zaayenga of Arlington; three children, Karyn Zaayenga of Arlington, Anne Huston of Poughkeepsie, N.Y., and Dr. Wayne Zaayenga of West Chester, and two sisters, Elfriede Fraleigh and Carmen Fesh, both of Yonkers.

JOSEPH A. ENGLISH, 68, a retired construction supervisor with the Chesapeake & Potomac Telehone Co., died July 2 at Northern Virginia Doctors Hospital after a heart attack.

Mr. English, who lived in Annandale, was born in Falls Church. He graduated from McKinley Technical High School in Washington. During World War II he served in the old Army Air Forces in Europe.

Mr. English joined C&P in 1940 and retired in 1984.

He was a member of Veterans of Foreign Wars Post No. 3150 in Arlington and he was a deacon at the Columbia Baptist Church in Falls Church. He coached Little League and Babe Ruth League baseball in the 1950s and later played softball in church and other leagues.

Survivors include his wife of 45 years, the former Hilda Pittman, of Annandale; three children, Joseph Craig English of Washington Grove, Md., Deborah Jo English of Washington, and Johannah English of Columbia, S.C.; one sister, Estelle Keyes of Ruckersville, Va., and two granddaughters.

THOMAS P. McCARTIN, 72, a retired elevator constructor with the Otis Elevator Co., died July 3 at the Hospice of Northern Virginia. He had cancer.

Mr. McCartin, who was born and reared in New York City, attended the University of Virginia. He served in the Army in Europe during World War II. He was a member of the Reserve and was recalled to service during the Korean War.

He worked in New York for the Otis Elevator Co. until retiring about 10 years ago. He came to this area in 1986 and lived in Alexandria.

Survivors include his wife, Eileen McCartin of Alexandria; one daughter, Marybeth Backman of Valley Stream, N.Y.; one sister, Mary McCartin of Hewitt, N.J.; one brother, William McCartin of New York City, and two grandchildren.

OSCAR B. CARPENTER JR., 77, a retired assistant general counsel for military affairs with the General Accounting Office, died of cancer July 2 at Alexandria Hospital.

Mr. Carpenter, a resident of Alexandria, was born in Stanley, N.C. He attended Lenoir Rhyne College in Hickory, N.C., and the University of North Carolina. He graduated from Benjamin Franklin University in Washington and in 1945 he earned a law degree from the old National Law School here.

Mr. Carpenter moved to the Washington area in 1935 and he joined the GAO in 1936. He worked in its audit and claims division and later became a lawyer with the agency. He was an assistant general counsel when he retired in 1972.

He was a member of the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Alexandria, the Alexandria-Washington Masonic Lodge No. 22, and the Virginia Society of the Sons of the American Revolution.

Survivors include his wife, Marian Jane Carpenter of Alexandria; a son, Richard Carpenter of Montrose, Colo.; a daughter, Robin Sabatke of Hotchkiss, Colo.; a sister, Louisa Ingram of Falls Church, and a grandchild.

VITO CARDINALE, 93, a retired tile setter with the Peter Bratti Tile Co., died June 28 at Sibley Memorial Hospital of pneumonia and a stroke.

Mr. Cardinale, who lived in Washington, was born in Italy. He came to this country about 1911 and lived in New York City until moving to Washington about 1915. During World War I he served in the Army in France.

Mr. Cardinale had his own tile setting company here as a young man. About 1933 he went to work for what is now the Bratti firm, and he retired there in 1959. Among projects on which he worked was the restoration of the White House during the Truman administration. He was a member of the Tile, Mosaic and Terrazzo Workers Union Local No. 3, St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church and the Knights of Columbus.

Survivors include his wife, Lena Cardinale of Washington; three children, Mary C. Scalise of Rockville, Adam A. Cardinale of Camp Springs and Orlando J. Cardinale of Jamestown, N.Y.; two sisters, Mary Giampietro of Washington and Immaculata Cardinale of Bari, Italy; eight grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren.