Daniel J. Haughton, 75, who retired as board chairman of Lockheed Corp. in 1976 after 37 years with the aircraft manufacturer, died July 5 at a hospital in Marietta, Ga., after surgery for heart and gall bladder ailments. He lived in Marietta.

As Lockheed executive vice president, president and board chairman, Mr. Haughton oversaw development of such famous airplanes as the high-altitude U2 and SR71 (Blackbird) reconnaissance aircraft, the C5 military transport, and the L1011 TriStar commercial jetliner.

He is best remembered for saving Lockheed from a financial crisis in the early 1970s. After Rolls-Royce went bankrupt while developing the engines for Lockheed's L1011, he helped persuade the British government to take over Rolls-Royce and continue the engine program. He arranged a $750 million credit package and pledged Lockheed assets as collateral in persuading the U.S. government to guarantee a $250 million commercial loan from a group of banks.

In 1971, Aviation Week magazine hailed him for "his indefatigable, courteous, frank and successful campaign to keep his corporation afloat on the stormiest financial and technical waters this industry has ever seen."

Mr. Haughton was a native of Walker County, Ala. He was a 1933 graduate of the University of Alabama, where he received a bachelor's degree in commerce and business administration.

He began his Lockheed career in 1939 as a systems analyst at the Vega Airplane Co., then a Lockheed subsidiary in Burbank, Calif.

In 1951, he was made assistant general manager of Lockheed-Georgia Co. in Marietta. A year later, he became general manager of the Marietta plant and a Lockheed corporate vice president. He was elected to the board of directors in 1958 and president of the corporation in 1961. He became board chairman in 1967.

He also was chairman of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.

His wife, the former Martha Jean Oliver, died in 1980. Survivors include one sister.


49, a former Secret Service agent who became the government sales manager of the Sonitrol Corp., an Alexandria security company, died of cancer July 5 at the Hospice of Northern Virginia. He lived in McLean.

Mr. Dansereau was a native of Massachusetts and a 1960 graduate of the University of Connecticut. He served in the Marine Corps in the early 1960s before joining the Secret Service in 1965.

He worked in the New York and San Francisco field offices of the Secret Service in addition to being part of the vice presidential guard details for Hubert H. Humphrey and Spiro T. Agnew. He also worked for the dignitary protective division and guarded Henry A. Kissinger.

Mr. Dansereau was special-agent-in-charge of the investigations security division when he retired from the Secret Service in 1985. He had worked for Sonitrol since then.

He was a member of Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic Church in Vienna.

Survivors include his wife, the former Elizabeth Milans, one daughter, Stephanie, and three sons, Grant, Derrick and Scott, all of McLean; his mother, Emily Dansereau of New Haven, Conn.; one brother, Roger Dansereau of Wallingford, Conn., and one sister, Ruby Keller of Lees Summit, Mo.


59, a lawyer with the General Services Administration for the past 25 years who had lived in this area since 1954, died of cancer July 5 in his home in Gaithersburg.

At the time of his death, he worked in GSA's personal property division in its office of general counsel.

Mr. Boulanger was a native of New Hampshire and served with the Army during the Korean War. He was a graduate of the University of New Hampshire and received his law degree from Georgetown University.

He was a member of St. John Neumann Catholic Church in Gaithersburg, the Montgomery Village Tennis Association, the American Legion and the D.C. Bar Association.

Survivors include his wife, Suzanne, a son, Kernan, and four daughters, Patrice, Amie, Andrea and Marie Boulanger, all of Gaithersburg; four brothers, Donat, of Spring Hill, Fla., the Rev. Albert, of New Hampshire, and Louis and Maurice, both of Manchester, N.H.; and four sisters, Theresa Richards of Spring Hill, and Estelle Normand, Henrietta LaValle and Celine Fudula, all of Manchester.


88, a member of the Rehoboth Church of God in Christ and a volunteer with the Phillip T. Johnson Senior Citizens Programs in Northeast Washington, died July 3 at Greater Southeast Community Hospital after a heart attack.

Mrs. Price, a resident of Washington, was born in Cameron, N.C. She lived in Hamlet, N.C., until moving here in 1963. At the Phillip T. Johnson Senior Citizens center, she was a "telephone buddy" for home-bound elderly persons and a volunteer in other programs for the home-bound.

Her first husband, John McDonald, died in 1933. Her second husband, George W. Price, died in 1963.

Survivors include four children by her first marriage, Johnnie M. Perry of Fort Washington, Anne Cook of Washington, Robert McDonald of Suitland and Paul McDonald of Tampa, Fla.; 12 grandchildren, and 17 great-grandchildren.


72, a retired Navy commander and former foreign mission director with the Catholic Relief Services, died of cancer July 5 at Anne Arundel General Hospital. He lived in Annapolis.

Cmdr. Blandin was a native of Akron, Ohio, and a 1938 graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy at Annapolis. During World War II, he served in the Pacific. He spent much of his career as a supply officer. At the time he retired from active duty in 1960, he was stationed at the Philadelphia Navy Yard.

He then worked for the Catholic Relief Services, serving as a foreign mission director in Colombia and Honduras, before retiring a second time in 1968.

Cmdr. Blandin was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church in Annapolis, the Knights of Columbus, and the Anne Arundel General Hospital Hospice Society.

Survivors include his wife, the former Ruth Leavitt, of Annapolis; five daughters, Mary Bauer of Silver Spring, Joan Howard of Bann, West Germany, Sarah Hamilton of Madison, Wis., Margaret Clark of Baltimore, and Emily Moseman of Springfield; his mother, Jeannette Raphel Blandin of Annapolis; two brothers, retired Navy Capt. Victor A. Blandin of Norfolk and the Rev. John Joseph Blandin, S.J., of York, Pa., and 12 grandchildren.


91, a former Agriculture Department plant pathologist and Red Cross Gray Lady who lived in the Washington area since 1920, died July 3 at the Calvert County Nursing Center in Prince Frederick. She had congestive heart failure.

She worked for Agriculture from 1920 to 1928 and she was a Gray Lady here during World War II.

Mrs. Zehner, who lived in Vienna, was a native of Yakima, Wash. She was a 1918 graduate of the University of Washington and received a master's degree in botany from Washington University in St. Louis.

She was a member of Sigma Xi, an honorary scientific society.

Her husband, Dr. Harry Zehner Sr., died in 1969. Survivors include one daughter, Karen Z. Lucas of Vienna; one sister, Ruth Moore of Sequim, Wash., and six grandchildren.


80, a longtime resident of the Washington area who was active in her church, died of respiratory failure July 4 at Georgetown University Hospital.

Mrs. Lynch was born in Waukegan, Ill. She attended Ohio State University. Before moving to the Washington area in 1949 she lived in Illinois and Ohio. During World War II she worked for the Federal Reserve Bank in Cleveland.

A resident of Chevy Chase, she was a former president of the Women's Society and the Golden Circle classes at Chevy Chase Baptist Church and she wrote articles for "A Secret Place," a Baptist publication. She also was a member of the Chevy Chase Woman's Club and the International Welcome to Washington Club.

Survivors include her husband of 59 years, John R. Lynch of Chevy Chase; two sons, John R. Lynch Jr. of Kingwood, Tex., and Charles T. Lynch of Burke; one brother, Donald Dunn of Cleveland; eight grandchildren, and seven great-grandchildren.