William Howard Mann Sr., 68, a retired Navy gunner's mate first class who became a superintendent at the St. Mary's County Water and Waste Sewage Treatment Center, died Sept. 23 at the hospital of the Patuxent Naval Air Station after a heart attack. He was stricken at his home in Lexington Park.

Mr. Mann, a native of Danville, Va., enlisted in the Navy in 1939. He was stationed on the battleship Pennsylvania when it was sunk in the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7, 1941. Later in World War II, he served elsewhere in the Pacific.

He also served in the Korean War. He was stationed at the Patuxent Air Station when he retired in 1959.

When he left the Navy, Mr. Mann established Bill's Bar, a bar and restaurant in Lexington Park. He sold the business in the early 1970s and went to work for the St. Mary's County water treatment center. He retired a second time in 1985.

He was a member of the Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, the Elks and the Masons.

His first wife, Virginia Mann, died in 1966.

Survivors include his wife, Madeline, of Lexington Park; two children by his first marriage, Karen Cimino and William H. Jr., both of Baltimore; one stepdaughter, Marylou Weise of Waterbury, Conn.; two brothers, Edgar R. and Guy R., both of Palm Harbor, Fla., and six grandchildren.

PERCY W. TUCKER, 80, retired chief investigator for the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board of the District of Columbia, died Sept. 23 at Howard University Hospital of complications after heart surgery.

Mr. Tucker, who lived in Washington, was born in Philadelphia and graduated from North Carolina Agricultural and Technology State University.

He came to Washington in 1937 to do graduate study at Howard University, and he later worked for the Civil Service Commission. About 1940, he went to work for the ABC. He retired in 1978 as chief investigator.

Mr. Tucker was a member of the Consorts Social Club and St. Luke's Episcopal Church in Washington.

Survivors include his wife of 50 years, Nora Rasby Tucker, one daughter, Dr. Laurel Tucker-Carter, and one son, Lance Tucker, all of Washington; one half brother, Samuel Wilson of Cambridge, Mass., and two grandchildren.

NORMA WEBB KELLER, 67, a Washington area resident since 1963 and a member of the Aldersgate United Methodist Church in Alexandria, died of pneumonia Sept. 23 at Arlington Hospital. She lived in Alexandria.

Mrs. Keller was born in Wichita, Kan., and she graduated from Wichita State University. She married Robert M. Keller, a Navy officer who retired as a captain, and she accompanied him on various military assignments. They moved to the Washington area in 1963. He died in 1976.

Survivors include three daughters, Lauren K. Daddona of Collegeville, Pa., and Kristen K. Derrington and Elise K. Scholar, both of Alexandria; three sisters, Margaret Phelps of Wichita, Dorothy Sydnor of Paradise Valley, Ariz., and Ruby Trice of Tuscaloosa, Ala., and seven grandchildren.

JAMES H. OWEN, 60, sales manager for the Steuart Petroleum Co., where he worked for the last 41 years, died Sept. 23 at Washington Hospital Center of complications after heart surgery.

Mr. Owen, who lived in Silver Spring, was born in Republican Grove, Va., and grew up in Washington. He graduated from Anacostia High School.

During the 1950s, he worked on the construction of Steuart's storage terminal at Piney Point, Md. Later, he was commercial and industrial service manager for the company and then director of D.C. operations. He had been sales manager since January 1986.

Survivors include his wife, Jacqueline, of Silver Spring; three sons, David, of Darnestown, and John and Paul, of Silver Spring, and four grandchildren.