Howard W. Robison, 71, a New York Republican who served 17 years in the House of Representatives before his retirement in 1975, died of a heart ailment Sept. 26 at his home in Rehoboth Beach, Del.

Mr. Robison, who was dean of New York's Republican delegation in the House of Representatives when he retired, developed a moderate to liberal voting record over the years. He was an early supporter of U.S. involvement in the war in Vietnam, but later he changed his mind and opposed intervention in Southeast Asia.

Similarly he was one of President Richard M. Nixon's early supporters. But after the facts in the Watergate scandal became known, he announced he would vote for the president's impeachment. When he announced in 1974 that he would not seek reelection, Mr. Robison cited "disappointments in the Nixon administration" as one of the reasons.

In Congress he served on the House Appropriations Committee and was the ranking Republican on its post office and general government subcommittee.

Mr. Robison was born in Owego, N.Y., and graduated from Cornell University, where he also earned a law degree. During World War II he served in the Army.

Before his election to Congress he practiced law in Owego, and he served on the Owego Town Board.

In 1958, Mr. Robison was elected in a special election to fill the congressional seat from New York's 27th District, which includes the area around Binghamton, Elmira and Ithaca. He won each subsequent election until he retired.

Since his retirement, Mr. Robison had been vice president for congressional relations for the American Railroad Association.

Survivors include his wife, Trudy Robison of Rehoboth Beach; two sons, Howard W. Robison Jr. of Columbia, and Douglas E. Robison of St. Petersburg, Fla.; one sister, Elinor Washburn of Arcadia, Fla., and four grandchildren.


79, an Oklahoma Republican who served three terms in the House of Representatives, died Sept. 27 at Bass Memorial Hospital in Enid, Okla., after a heart attack.

Mr. Camp, who was stricken at his home in Waukomis, represented Oklahoma's 6th District in Congress from 1969 to 1975. He also served 20 years in the state legislature.

He was president of the Waukomis State Bank and chairman of the Oklahoma Board of Public Affairs. He was a director of the Oklahoma State Chamber of Commerce.

For the past nine years he had been a director of the Miss Oklahoma Pageant.

Mr. Camp was born in Enid and attended Phillips University there.

He is survived by his wife, Vera, and two sons, two daughters, 12 grandchildren, and five great-grandchildren.


58, a retired contracts and procurement specialist with the Federal Aviation Administration, died of cancer Sept. 16 at Fairfax Hospital.

Mr. Lynch, a resident of Alexandria, was born in Richmond and grew up in Washington. He served in the Army in Europe during World War II and graduated from Paul Smith's College in New York.

He was recalled to active during with the Army during the Korean war and he was awarded two Bronze Stars.

Later Mr. Lynch worked as a civilian contracts and procurement specialist at the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado and at Warner Robins Air Force Base in Georgia. He returned to this area in 1968 and worked at the Army facility at Cameron Station in Alexandria, then joined the FAA in 1970. From 1978 to 1980 he was assigned to a United Nations civil aviation organization in Montreal, then returned to the FAA here. He retired in 1986.

Mr. Lynch was a member of Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church in Alexandria.

Survivors include his wife, Louise Lynch of Alexandria; five sons, Patrick J. Lynch of West Palm Beach, Fla., Michael F. Lynch of Baltimore, Kelly C. Lynch of Lafayette, La., Daniel M. Lynch of Manassas and Joseph P. Lynch III of Honolulu; three daughters, Karen L. Provost of Chantilly, and Kathleen A. and Teresa R. Lynch, both of Vancouver, British Columbia; his mother, Eleanor M. Lynch of Washington; three sisters, Katharine Lynch and Jane McGinn, both of Washington, and Marjorie Messer of Hampden Highlands, Maine; one brother, John Lynch of Miami, and four grandsons.


76, a retired director of the Montgomery County Department of Social Services, died of congestive heart failure Sept. 27 at Shady Grove Adventist Hospital in Rockville.

Mr. Royer headed the agency from 1948 until he retired in 1973. Since then he had devoted his time to sculpture, an art form he studied at Montgomery College, and to model ship building. As a sculptor, he was commissioned over the years to do a number of portraits. Some of his ship models have been exhibited in the Smithsonian Institution.

A resident of Rockville, Mr. Royer was born in McConnellsburg, Pa. He graduated from Susquehanna College and received a master's degree in social work from the University of Pennsylvania. During World War II, he served in the old Army Air Forces in the China-Burma-India theater.

He was a social worker in Pennsylvania and various parts of Maryland before moving to the Washington area in 1948 to become director of the Montgomery Social Services Department.

Mr. Royer was a member of the Montgomery County Art Association, the Montgomery Arts Council, the International Sculpture Society, the Washington Opera Guild, the Washington Ballet Society, the Washington Cathedral Society, the Friends of the Kennedy Center, the Smithsonian Associates, the Nautical Research Guild, Common Cause and the Democratic Party.

His marriages to the former Anna Z. Cadwallader and Rachel Royer ended in divorce.

Survivors include his wife, Jean Royer of Rockville; two children by his first marriage, Elizabeth R. Lutz of Princeton, N.J., and Carol R. Caddell of Aurora, Colo.; five stepchildren, Valerie L. Mathews of Rockville, Victoria S. Berghel of Baltimore, Barbara J. Post and William V. Smouse, both of Gaithersburg, and Charles E. Smouse of Wheaton; one brother, Philip Faxon Royer of Mars, Pa., and six grandchildren.


87, a retired State Department clerk and a longtime Washington resident, died of Alzheimer's disease Sept. 28 at the Southern Maryland Hospital Center.

Mrs. Farver was born in Washington and worked 30 years at the State Department before she retired in 1961.

Her first husband, Norman Preil, died in 1950. In 1965, Mrs. Farver married Peru Farver and moved to Phoenix. She returned to Washington when he died in 1967.

Survivors include two children, Jeanne Ann Roberts of Fontana, Calif., and Robert Preil of Fort Washington, and three grandchildren.