The obituary yesterday of George Raymond Asay, 85, a retired inspector with the uniformed division of the Secret Service, omitted a daughter, Avis Coltrain of Arlington, Tex., from the list of his survivors. (Published 10/14/87)

E. Keen Dobyns Sr., 57, the founder and operator of a Fredericksburg-based building components company, died of cancer Oct. 10 at Mary Washington Hospital in Fredericksburg.

Mr. Dobyns, a resident of Springfield and Hague, Va., was born in Philadelphia. He graduated from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and served in the Air Force during the early 1950s.

Later he was sales manager with Johnson & Wimsatt wholesale lumber and millwork company in Newport News, Va., and Greensboro, N.C.

In 1972, Mr. Dobyns moved to Northern Virginia as general manager of the northeast division of Boise Cascade, which had acquired Johnson & Wimsatt. In 1976 he started his own business in Fredericksburg, Keen Building Components Inc., which specializes in manufacturing roofs and trusses.

He was a member of the Northern Virginia Home Builders Association, the Fredericksburg Area Builders Association, the Fredericksburg Chamber of Commerce and he had served on the vestries of Pohick Episcopal Church in Lorton and Yeocomico Episcopal Church in Tucker Hill, Va.

Survivors include his wife, Marguerite Mock Dobyns of Springfield and Hague; one daughter, Kimberly Sue Dobyns of Springfield; three sons, Edward Keen Dobyns II of Fredericksburg, and George Whitfield Dobyns and Robert Alexander Dobyns, both of Springfield, and one brother, John Francis Dobyns of Hague.

MARJORIE WILLIAMS WOODS, 66, a sustaining member of the Washington Junior League and a stockbroker who founded the Navy Wives Investment Club here, died of leukemia Oct. 6 at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore.

In 1946, she married Mark William Woods, a Navy officer who retired as a rear admiral. For more than 30 years she accompanied him to various Navy stations in this country, including Washington. They settled in Arlington after the admiral's retirement in 1978.

While her husband was stationed in Norfolk in the 1960s, Mrs. Woods became a registered stockbroker. From 1967 to 1972, a period when her husband was stationed here, she worked for the brokerage house of Auchincloss, Parker & Redpath, which is now Thomson, McKinnon Securities Inc.

She was a director of the Yosemite Park & Curry Co., part of which was founded by her family, and she was a member of the Army-Navy Country Club and the American Contract Bridge League.

A native of San Francisco, Mrs. Woods attended the University of Illinois and graduated from Stanford University.

In addition to her husband, of Arlington, survivors include four daughters, Marjorie Woods Taylor of Rochester, N.Y., Shauna Woods Mueller of Sao Paulo, Brazil, Rondi Wood Pike of Plymouth, N.H., and Pace Woods Wilson of Wellesley, Mass.; two sons, Navy Lt. Robert Black Woods of Norfolk and Navy Lt. Mark Williams Woods of Sunnyvale, Calif.; her father, Robert T. Williams Sr. of Honolulu and San Diego; one brother, Robert T. Williams Jr. of Seattle, and two grandchildren.

GLENN CARLYLE MICHEL, 65, a retired Navy pilot who became an attorney in Frederick, Md., died Oct. 8 at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. He had undergone heart surgery.

Mr. Michel, who lived in Frederick, was born in Benkelman, Neb. He attended the University of California at Berkeley and graduated from George Washington University, where he also received a law degree.

He went into the Navy in 1941 and became a pilot. During World War II he served in the Pacific and won the Distinguished Flying Cross. He retired in 1962 with the rank of commander.

Since 1965, Mr. Michel had practiced law in Frederick, where he also was a director of the Frederick County National Bank.

Survivors include his wife, Thelma Mathias Michel of Frederick, and two children, Theresa Michel of Washington and Frederick Michel of Frederick.

GEORGE RAYMOND ASAY, 85, a retired inspector with the uniformed division of the Secret Service who was active in church and Masonic organizations, died Oct. 11 at his home in Pinellas Park, Fla. He had diabetes.

A native of Iowa, Mr. Asay lived in the Washington area for 41 years before moving to Florida in 1965.

He spent six years with the Metropolitan Police Department before joining the Secret Service uniformed division in 1931. He served at the White House until retiring in 1958. He then did accounting work for the Willard Hotel until retiring a second time in 1965.

Mr. Asay had been a charter member and deacon of the Pennsylvania Avenue Baptist Church in Washington. He was past master of Anacostia Masonic Lodge No. 21.

Survivors include his wife, Mary, of Pinellas Park; one son, Ray Asay of Dallas; two brothers, Grayton Asay of Iowa and John Asay of British Columbia; four sisters, Esther Oliver of Grantville, Pa., Dorothy Bates of British Columbia, Helen Salmon of Lutherville, Md., and Jean Simons of Saskatchewan; nine grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren.

ISABEL SPROUL HENSEL, 83, who was a former member of the board of directors of the Washington Home, a Red Cross personnel officer in the South Pacific during World War II, and former retail buyer at Macy's department store in New York, died of Alzheimer's disease Oct. 11 at her home in Washington.

Mrs. Hensel was born in New York City and attended Wellesley College. She worked at Macy's from 1937 to 1942, then joined the Red Cross where she served as assistant director of personnel at advance headquarters in the South Pacific and later as director of Red Cross clubs in Australia and the Philippines.

She moved to Washington in 1948 and joined the board of directors of the Washington Home shortly thereafter. With the exception of the years between 1966 and 1976, when she was living in New York City, she served on the board until 1985.

Mrs. Hensel was a member of the Women's Committee of the Corcoran Gallery, the Sulgrave Club and the Chevy Chase Club, and she was a founder and member of the City Tavern Club.

Her marriage to Albert Spaulding Howe II ended in divorce.

Survivors include her husband, H. Spruve Hensel of Washington; one son by her first marriage, Albert Spaulding Howe III of Poughkeepsie, N.Y., and two grandchildren.

WILLIAMS SWIFT MARTIN, 83, a mining analyst and engineer who retired from the engineering and evaluation branch in the Internal Revenue Service, died of pneumonia Oct. 10 at the Carriage Hill nursing home in Bethesda. He lived in Washington.

Mr. Martin was a native of St. Louis and was a graduate of Harvard University, where he received a degree in mining engineering. He worked in the copper and nickel mining industries in Canada, Europe and Latin America before coming to Washington and joining the Reconstruction Finance Corp., where he worked from 1943 to 1948.

He worked for a mining firm in New York City for four years before returning here and joining the Defense Minerals Exploration Administration. He worked for the Bureau of Mines from 1954 to 1959, then joined what became the IRS. He retired in 1974.

He had been a member of the American Institute of Mining, Metalurgical, and Petroleum Engineers, as well as professional groups in Europe and Canada. He was a member of the Society of the Cincinnati.

Survivors include his wife, the former Marguerite Prewer, and one son, retired Army Lt. Col. W. Swift Martin III, both of Washington; two daughters, Mary Vincent Martin of Palm Beach, Fla., and Ann Martin Calder of New York City; one sister, Elizabeth Martin Wagner of Washington, and nine grandchildren.

E.D. HOEKSTRA, 80, a retired official of the National Constructors' Association, a professional organization of engineers and builders specializing in large industrial projects, died of cancer Oct. 10 at his home in Kensington.

Mr. Hoekstra joined the NCA in 1960 when it moved its offices here from New York City. At different times he served as executive secretary, which was the top staff position, and as secretary-treasurer and vice president for labor relations. He was assistant to the president when he retired in 1973.

For some time after that he wrote a newsletter for the NCA and he also was a consultant on construction matters.

Mr. Hoekstra was born in Battle Creek, Mich. He attended Olivet, Milton and Battle Creek colleges. He was a newspaperman in Indiana and Michigan until World War II.

He then went to work for the old War Department in the field of industrial relations. After the war, he did similar work for the H.K. Ferguson Construction Co. in Cleveland. He worked for the Mid-Valley Construction Co. in Houston before moving here to begin his career with the NCA.

Mr. Hoekstra's first wife, Bernice Maxson Hoekstra, died in 1974.

Survivors include his wife, Josefa Aguila Hoekstra of Kensington; three children by his first marriage, Marta Kelsey of Fort Washington, Paul D. Hoekstra of Chantilly, and Karl E. Hoekstra of Corning, N.Y.; one stepdaughter, Angeline Beach of McLean; one sister, Frisia Raum of Washington; one brother, Harold D. Hoekstra of Arlington, and seven grandchildren.