Donald Alexander Minner, 67, a consulting electrical engineer who was a former official of the Potomac Electrical Power Co. and a former Navy officer, died Nov. 18 in Anne Arundel General Hospital in Annapolis of injuries he received in a traffic accident.

Anne Arundel County Police said the accident occurred Nov. 18 on Rte. 2 in Annapolis when Mr. Minner fell from a car in which he was a passenger and was struck by two vehicles that failed to stop. Police listed it as a hit-and-run incident and appealed to witnesses to come forward.

Mr. Minner had cancer and was being taken to a hospital by a family member. He opened the car door and fell while he was apparently disoriented because of his illness, police said.

A native of Woodside, Del., Mr. Minner graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy in 1942. He earned a master's degree in electrical engineering at the Naval Postgraduate School. During World War II, he served in submarines in the Pacific. He had various postwar assignments in this country before resigning his commission as a commander in 1953.

He worked for the electric boat division of General Dynamics in New London, Conn., until 1956, and from then until 1973, he worked for the Babcock-Wilcox engineering company in Lynchburg, Va. In 1975, he moved to McLean and joined Pepco. In 1977, he left the company, and since then had been an independent consultant.

Mr. Minner was a resident of Annapolis. He was a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, the Army & Navy Club and the Annapolis Yacht Club.

Survivors include his wife, Virginia C. Minner of Annapolis, and three children, Donald A. Minner Jr. of Lanham and Elizabeth Anne and William D. Minner, both of Annapolis.


75, a retired sportswriter and columnist for The Washington Star, died Nov. 18 at a hospital in Stuart, Fla. He had emphysema and cancer.

Mr. Stann joined the Star as a copy boy in the sports department in 1929, and with the exception of Navy service in the North Atlantic during World War II, he worked there until he retired in 1973.

As a young reporter he covered high school sports in the Washington area. During the 1930s and 1940s, he traveled with the Washington Senators baseball team. He also wrote a regular column and covered other sports.

He was a four-time winner of the Washington area Sportswriter of the Year award and a winner of four Washington-Baltimore Newspaper Guild sports writing awards. In 1955 he won a National Headliners sports writing award.

As a free-lancer, Mr. Stann wrote articles on sports for Life, Look and Collier's magazines.

He was also an enthusiastic deep-sea fisherman and golfer.

A native Washingtonian, Mr. Stann was a graduate of Central High School and attended George Washington University.

Since retiring from the Star he had lived in Stuart.

Survivors include his wife, June Booth Stann of Alexandria; one daughter, Christine Coward of Burke; two brothers, Eugene J. Stann of Stuart and John F. Stann of Frederick, Md., and two grandchildren.


79, a retired colonel in the Army Transportation Corps who became an official of the Agency for International Development, died of cancer Nov. 19 at the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Martinsburg, W.Va.

Col. Brisach, a resident of Vienna, was born in New York City. He graduated from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, N.Y., in the class of 1930. He served in the infantry and field artillery before transferring to the Transportation Corps.

During World War II, he was a transportation officer on the staff of the 5th Army in the Mediterranean Theater and was awarded the Legion of Merit. After the war he served with the 8th Army in Korea and at various posts in this country.

Col. Brisach retired from the Army in 1959, and worked in the government's foreign assistance programs. He was assigned to Turkey and then to the headquarters of the Agency for International Development in Washington. He retired again in 1965, and for the next nine years worked for the Yeonas realty firm in Vienna.

Col. Brisach was a member of the Army-Navy Country Club, the West Point Society of D.C. and Vienna Presbyterian Church. He also was a volunteer with the Meals on Wheels program.

His first wife, Athleen Munson Brisach, died in 1956.

Survivors include his wife, Charlotte Reynolds Brisach of Vienna; three children by his first marriage, Army Col. Eugene Brisach of Springfield, Beverly Simmons of Minden, La., and Athleen Starke of La Canada, Calif.; one brother, Edgar G. Brisach of Garden City, N.Y., and seven grandchildren.


73, the retired manager of Manny's Delicatessen in Washington, died of cancer Nov. 18 at her home in Washington.

Mrs. Culbreath was born in Dillon, S.C., and moved to Washington as a child.

She had been the manager at Manny's for about 15 years before she retired about five years ago.

She was a member of Bible Way Church in Washington where she was active in the Helping Hands, the choir and the Queens of Bible Way.

Survivors include her husband, Joseph Culbreath of Washington; four daughters, Barbara Culbreath and Frances West, both of Washington, Melva Libron of Clinton and Juanita Miller of Suitland, who is a member of the Maryland House of Delegates; one son, Maurice Culbreath of District Heights; two sisters, Goldie Jones of Washington and Beatrice Harvey of Asbury Park, N.J.; 11 grandchildren, and three great-grandchildren.


90, a retired board member of the old Reconstruction Finance Corp., died Nov. 19 at a nursing home in Stuart, Fla., after a stroke. He lived in Stuart.

Mr. Willett moved from Washington to Florida in 1976. He was born in Baltimore, and during World War II he served in the Navy. He worked in banks in Massachusetts, New Jersey and Colorado before moving to the Washington area in 1933 and joining the RFC. He retired in 1953.

Mr. Willett was a Mason.

His wife, Kathrine Hardesty Willett, died in 1975. There are no immediate survivors.


90, a former Navy officer and federal agency official who later taught mathematics at Episcopal High School in Alexandria, died of cardiac arrest Nov. 9 at the National Hospital for Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation in Arlington.

Mr. Taylor, who lived in Arlington, was born in Oil City, Pa. He graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis in 1918, and earned a master's degree in naval construction from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

He left the Navy after World War I service in the Atlantic. In the 1920s he worked for the Pennsylvania state government.

In 1933, he moved to the Washington area and worked for several New Deal agencies, including the Rural Electrification Administration. In 1938, he was named the first executive director of the Group Health Association.

In World War II, Mr. Taylor returned to active duty in the Navy and served in Washington.

He later went to work for the old Bureau of the Budget. In 1949, he joined the Public Health Service and became secretary of the Water Pollution Advisory Board. He retired in 1957, and for the next seven years taught at Episcopal High School.

Mr. Taylor was a Mason and a member of the Cosmos Club and the Army-Navy Country Club.

His marriage to Thelia Taylor ended in divorce.

Survivors include his wife, Nell S. Taylor of Arlington; one son by his first marriage, Perry R. Taylor Jr. of Hobe Sound, Fla.; two children by his second marriage, Anthony C. Taylor of Alexandria and Jeremy W. Taylor of Annandale; six grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren.


89, a retired dentist who had a private practice in Mount Rainier for 40 years, died of a stroke Nov. 19 at a nursing home in Sarasota, Fla.

Dr. Lavine was born in Syracuse, N.Y. He attended the University of Pittsburgh and earned a degree in dentistry from the Baltimore College of Dental Surgery.

He moved to the Washington area in 1924, and opened a dental practice in 1927. He retired in 1967 and moved to Sarasota.

Dr. Lavine was a member of the old Prince George's Country Club.

His first wife, Bessie Lavine, died in 1972.

Survivors include his wife, Clarissa Lavine of Sarasota; three sisters, Anne M. and Bessie R. Lavine, both of Washington, and Estelle L. Sharon of Rockville, and one stepson, Leonard Pearlman of Tucson, Ariz.


41, a former senior associate with the law firm of Arent Fox Kintner Plotkin & Kahn, died Nov. 14 at a hospice in Pompano Beach, Fla., where he was undergoing medical treatment. He had cancer.

Mr. Cohen, who lived in Rockville, was born in Alexandria. He graduated from Montgomery Blair High School in Silver Spring and then from Duke University. He earned a law degree at Georgetown University.

From 1968 to 1972, he was a patent examiner with the U.S. Patent Office. He joined Arent Fox in 1973, and specialized in antitrust and food and drug law. He retired for health reasons in 1983.

Mr. Cohen was a member of the Food and Drug Law Institute. He also belonged to the Paul Hill Chorale and the University Chorus of the University of Maryland. He was a life master of bridge.

Survivors include his wife, Deborah Kravette Cohen, and two children, Alicia Julie and Charles J., all of Rockville; his parents, Nettie and Ernest Cohen of Coconut Creek, Fla., and two sisters, Sharon Chabon of Oakland, Calif., and Gail Cohen of Copenhagen.


79, a Wheaton real estate sales agent for 34 years before she retired in 1984, died Nov. 18 at Holy Cross Hospital after a stroke.

Mrs. Allen, a resident of Silver Spring, was born in Norfolk, and moved to the Washington area in 1929.

She was a telephone operator at the C&P Telephone Co. during World War II.

She went into the real estate business in 1950 when her husband, George W. Allen Sr., opened George W. Allen Real Estate in Wheaton. He died in 1980.

Mrs. Allen was a member of the Montgomery County Board of Realtors, a past matron of the Trinity Chapter of the Order of the Eastern Star, a member of the board of directors of the Masonic and Eastern Star Home in Washington, and a member of First Baptist Church of Wheaton.

Survivors include three sons, George W. Allen Jr. of San Jose, Calif., Millard G. Allen of Winchester, Va., and Robert O. Allen of Silver Spring; two sisters, Eleanor Mitchell of Costa Mesa, Calif., and Louise Bailey of Norfolk; four grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren.


68, a retired Air Force colonel and a former command pilot assigned to the Office of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, died of cancer Nov. 19 at Fair Oaks Hospital in Fairfax.

Col. Abel, who lived in Fairfax, was born in McConnelsville, Ohio. He attended Ohio University. During World War II, he served in the Army Air Forces in the Pacific and transferred to the U.S. Air Force when it was organized in 1947.

He later served in the Korean War and with a miltary advisory group in Thailand. He was assigned to the Office of the Joint Chiefs of Staff when he retired in 1970.

From 1972 until he retired this year, Col. Abel worked as a salesman and bookkeeper for Dawson's Guns of the World in Annandale.

His military decorations included the Legion of Merit and the Bronze Star.

Survivors include his wife, Ernestine Abel of Fairfax; three daughters, Sherry Bachman of Bethesda, Susy Zupan of Fairfax, and Judy Rice of Birmingham, Ala.; two sisters, Donna Holden of Columbus, Ohio, and Ruth Hart of McConnelsville, and five grandchildren.