John F.W. Morrison, 74, a retired vice president of Giant Food Inc. and a founding member of Faith Lutheran Church in Oxon Hill, died Nov. 25 at Greater Southeast Community Hospital after a heart attack.

Mr. Morrison, a resident of Oxon Hill, was born in Woodstock, Va. He moved to the Washington area in 1936 and went to work for Giant as a clerk. He progressed through the ranks and was vice president in charge of store operations when he retired in 1977.

A World War II Army veteran, Mr. Morrison was a member of American Legion Post No. 199 in Woodstock.

His first wife, Bertha Marian Morrison, to whom he was married 30 years, died in 1970.

Survivors include his wife, Kathleen S. Morrison of Oxon Hill; four stepchildren, Stuart M. Scott of Manassas, Shirley M. Scott of Alexandria, Joyce E. Simpson of Round Hill, Va., and Robert W. Scott of San Diego; three brothers, Robert, Frank and Thomas Morrison, all of Woodstock, and three stepgrandchildren.

HELEN ELAINE TALLE GERARDI, 67, a retired art teacher in the Montgomery County schools, died Nov. 24 at Deaton Hospital in Baltimore after a heart attack.

Mrs. Gerardi, a resident of Bethesda, was born in Albert Lea, Minn., and raised in Iowa. Her father, Henry O. Talle, was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives as a Republican from Iowa and he served from 1938 to 1958. He died in 1967.

Mrs. Gerardi graduated from the College of William and Mary and she earned a master's degree in art education at the University of Southern California. She moved here in 1964 and went to work in the Montgomery schools.

Over the years she taught at Western Junior High, Winston Churchill High and Sherwood High and she also taught at Marjorie Webster Junior College in Washington. Under a Montgomery County program she was an exchange teacher in England for a year and in Malaysia for two years.

Mrs. Gerardi was a member of the Pilgrim Lutheran Church.

Her marriage to Keith A. Crown ended in divorce. Her second husband, Peter A. Gerardi, died in 1984.

Survivors include three children by her first marriage, Haine Crown of Winona, Minn., Katherine Webster of Phoenix, and Patricia Crown of Dallas; two sisters, Marjorie Merriman of Towson, Md., and Mary Jane Tilton of Columbia, S.C., and two grandchildren.

ROY P. WOLFE, 63, a retired accounting official with several firms in this area and a former president of the Kentucky State Society of Washington and the National Conference of State Societies, died Nov. 24 at his vacation home in Quinque, Va., after a heart attack.

Mr. Wolfe, a resident of Washington, was born in Burdine, Ky. He attended Berea College. During World War II he served in the Army Air Forces. After the war he worked in Korea for the Office of Strategic Services, a forerunner of the CIA. In 1948, he moved to Washington and joined the CIA.

In the early 1950s, Mr. Wolfe went to work for the Muth art supply company. He later worked for the Sundell air conditioning and refrigeration company, the Mirman food company and the Bay State Beef Co., from which he retired earlier this year.

He was a past president of the National Association of Credit Management.

Because of his involvement in state societies Mr. Wolfe was active in helping to organize the annual Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington. The festival is sponsored by the National Conference of State Societies.

Survivors include his wife, Jackie Wolfe of Washington; two daughters, Dale Wolfe of Concord, Calif., and JoAnn Darricades of St. Catharines, Ont.; a brother, Chester H. Wolfe of Middlesboro, Ky., and two grandchildren.

GENEVIEVE F. HOUSER, 60, a member of the Lewinsville Presbyterian Church and a former nurse, died Nov. 25 at Fairfax Hospital. She had Sjogren-Larsson syndrome, a disorder of the nervous system.

Mrs. Houser, a resident of McLean, was born in Harrisonburg, Va. She graduated from Sibley Memorial Hospital and American University with a degree as a registered nurse.

Before moving to this area permanently in 1953, she was a nurse on the Nez Perce Indian reservation in Washington state and with the Veterans Administration in California. For a short time after moving here she was a nurse at Arlington Hospital.

Mrs. Houser was a member of the River Bend Golf & Country Club in Great Falls, Va.

Survivors include her husband, Gene W. Houser of McLean; four children, Melinda G. Houser and Maurine M. Houser, both of McLean, and Robin D. Kerr and Kim F. Houser, both of Fairfax; two sisters, Verl Faught of Woodbridge, Va., and Maxine Wampler of Fredericksburg, Va.; one brother, Richard Hawse of Harrisonburg, and two grandchildren.