Raymond Wilkins Murray, 85, a retired captain in the Navy medical corps, died Dec. 4 at Bethesda Naval Hospital after a heart attack. He lived in Bethesda.

Capt. Murray, a native of Washington, graduated from McKinley High School in 1919 and from George Washington University in 1925. After graduating from George Washington University medical school in 1928, he spent three years as an Army physician. He then practiced medicine in Washington until receiving his Navy commission in 1939.

During World War II, he served in this country and on a ship of the 7th Fleet in the Southwest Pacific theater. His last assignment before retiring from active duty in 1960 was as staff physician in the headquarters of the Military Sea Transport Command here. After that, he worked as a medical consultant.

Capt. Murray was a member of Optimists International, the American Medical Association and the Washington Medical and Surgical Society.

His wife, Eva G., died in 1974. Survivors include a son, Raymond Jr., of Annandale; eight grandchildren, and three great-grandchildren.

LATINEE GAMMELZE GULLATTEE, 67, an assistant to the D.C. superintendent of schools, died of cardiac arrest Dec. 3 at Howard University Hospital. He lived in Washington.

He had worked in the D.C. public school system since moving to this area in 1960. After teaching English at McKinley High School for seven years, he took an administrative post in the school system in 1967. He had been assistant to the superintendent since 1979.

Dr. Gullattee was born in Texarkana, Tex., and served with the Navy in World War II. A graduate of the University of California at Santa Barbara, he earned a master's degree in English at Howard University and a doctorate in education administration at the University of Maryland. Before moving here, he had taught English in schools in California.

Survivors include his wife, Alyce C., of Washington; four daughters, Jeanne Jameson and Audrey Hicks, both of Santa Barbara, and Deborajha Blackwell and Aishaetu Gullattee, both of Washington; eight grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren.

ANDREA S. ANDERSON, 77, a longtime area resident and former War Department secretary who had been active in volunteer groups, died of cancer Dec. 4 at her home in Bethesda. She also maintained a home on the island of St. Barthelemy in the French West Indies.

She had helped found the lower school library at Holton-Arms School and had done volunteer work with the Greater Washington Board of Trade's summer jobs program for youth.

Mrs. Anderson was born to an Army family in Omaha and grew up in this country and the Far East. She moved to the Washington area in the 1930s and was a graduate of the University of Maryland. She worked for the War Department from about 1935 to 1943.

She was a member of Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church in Potomac, the Columbia Country Club and the University Club. She had won tennis championships at the Army Navy Country Club.

Survivors include her husband, Carl A. Anderson of Bethesda and St. Barthelemy; a son, Philip S., of Potomac; a daughter, Barbara Leech of Glencoe, Ill., and four grandchildren.

WILLIAM HERMAN TUCKER, 92, a retired menswear salesman at the old Raleighs clothing store on F Street in Washington, died of a heart attack and Alzheimer's disease Nov. 30 at his home in Fairfield, Calif.

Mr. Tucker was born in Atlanta and attended the University of Georgia. During World War I he served in the Army in France. He was in the menswear business in Miami and Palm Beach, Fla., before moving to Washington and joining the sales staff at Raleighs in 1937. He retired in the early 1970s.

A former resident of Arlington, he moved to California in 1986.

He was a Mason and a member of the American Legion and the Retail Clerks International Union.

His marriage to the former Jessie Brasselle ended in divorce.

Survivors include his wife, Lorrayne Anderson Tucker of Fairfield; two sons of his first marriage, Col. William H. Tucker Jr. of St. Petersburg, Fla., and John Robert Tucker of Alexandria; five grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren.

MARGARET SCHINDLER BRYANT, 81, a retired government librarian who had served on the Virginia state board of the League of Women Voters and who had been a member of the Unitarian Church of Arlington, died of congestive heart failure Dec. 1 at her home in Washington.

Mrs. Bryant was a graduate of Beloit College in her native Wisconsin and earned a master's degree in library science at Columbia University. She moved here in 1941 when she joined the Library of Congress as a reference assistant.

Two years later, she transferred to the Agriculture Department, where she worked until retiring in the early 1960s as chief of its library's reference section.

Her husband of 33 years, Lyle Bryant, died in 1983. There are no immediate survivors.

ERNEST GLENN McDANIEL, 73, a research investigator with the National Institutes of Health for 41 years before retiring in 1979, died of cancer Dec. 4 at his home in Bethesda.

He moved to the Washington area and joined NIH in 1938. He retired from its National Institute of Arthritis Diabetes & Digestive Kidney Diseases. During his years at NIH, he helped pioneer research with germ-free animals and worked on problems dealing with nutrition and thyroid functions.

Mr. McDaniel was a graduate of Fairmont State College in his native West Virginia and earned a master's degree in biochemistry at George Washington University. He served with the Army in Europe during World War II.

He was a member of Bethesda United Methodist Church.

Survivors include his wife, Caroline, of Bethesda; two daughters, Nancy Duvall of Glenwood, Md., and Sally McDaniel of Bethesda; four brothers, three sisters, and three grandchildren.