Gordon O. Fraser, 70, a former assistant administrator with the Agriculture Department's Foreign Agricultural Service and a World War II Army veteran, died of cancer Dec. 3 at a hospital in Irvine, Calif.

Mr. Fraser, who had lived in Garden Grove, Calif., since 1982, was born in Moro, Ore. He graduated from Oregon State University and received a master's degree in agricultural economics from Purdue University.

During World War II, he served in the Army as an artillery officer in North Africa and Europe and attained the rank of major. After the war, he served with occupational forces in Europe.

Mr. Fraser left the Army in 1947 and joined the State Department, where he served as agricultural attache at the U.S. Embassy in Bonn. He transferred to Agriculture's Foreign Agricultural Service when it was formed in 1953.

During the late 1950s, he was secretary general of the International Wheat Council in London. He was a marketing representative for several U.S. firms in Europe during the 1960s.

Mr. Fraser moved to the Washington area about 1969 and was appointed assistant administrator of the Foreign Agricultural Service. He became agricultural attache at the embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia, in 1980. He retired in 1982 and moved to California.

His marriage to Elaine Fraser ended in divorce. His second wife, Gwendolyn Fraser, died in 1980.

Survivors include his wife, Mariyati Fraser of Garden Grove; three sons by his first marriage, Richard Fraser of New Berlin, Wis., Steven Fraser of Columbus, Ohio, and Gordon Fraser Jr. of San Bernardino, Calif.; his mother, Mrs. Thomas Fraser of Beaverton, Ore.; and two brothers, Thomas Fraser of Woodland Hills, Calif., and Paul Fraser of Bend, Ore.

ALFRED BRUCE SMITH, 45, a health and physical education teacher in the D.C. public schools, died Dec. 6 at Prince George's Hospital Center after a heart attack.

Since September, Mr. Smith had been assigned at Smothers and River Terrace elementary schools. He had previously taught and coached basketball and track at Randall and Johnson junior high schools.

A resident of Upper Marlboro, he was born in Miami and graduated from Virginia State University at Petersburg where he also received a master's degree in education.

He joined the staff of the D.C. public schools in 1967.

Mr. Smith was a member of the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance and a member of Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity.

Survivors include his wife, Margaret C. Smith, and one son, Bruce Smith, both of Upper Marlboro; his mother, Mildred Smith of Miami; and three brothers, Charles Smith of Harrisburg, Pa., Michael Smith of Miami and Herbert Smith of Fort Worth, Fla.

MARY E. PRICE, 84, a retired English teacher in the D.C. public school system who later taught at Howard University, died at the Washington Hospital Center Dec. 5 after a heart attack. She lived in Washington.

Miss Price, a native of Washington, graduated from Dunbar High School and Howard University. She earned master's degrees in English at Howard and at Ohio University.

She taught at Bennett College in Greensboro, N.C., before returning here in the 1930s to begin her career in the D.C. school system. She taught at Dunbar and then at Spingarn High, where she retired in 1969. For the next five years she was an adjunct professor of English at Howard.

Miss Price was a member of the Zeta Phi Beta sorority, the D.C. Retired Teachers Association, the Howard University Alumni Association and St. Luke's Episcopal Church, where she was active in the Order of the Daughters of the King, the Altar Guild and the Music Fund Committee.

She leaves no immediate survivors.

MARY GORMAN SMITH, 90, who served on committees that helped found the Army Distaff Hall in Washington, a residence for the widows of Army officers, died of pneumonia Dec. 2 at Georgetown University Hospital.

Mrs. Smith, a resident of Washington, was born in Waco, Tex. She graduated from St. Joseph's College in Lockport, N.Y.

She married A.C. Smith, an Army officer who retired as a major general, and accompanied him to various posts in this country and to Japan. They settled here in 1953.

Mrs. Smith was a member of Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church.

Her husband died in 1973. A son, retired Army Col. Robert A. Smith, died in 1982.

Survivors include one son, retired Army Col. A. Cowper Smith of Warrenton, Va.; eight grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.

KATHARINE SWIFT McKINNEY, 93, a resident of the Army Distaff Hall in Washington from 1969 to 1985, died of pneumonia Nov. 26 at William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso.

Mrs. McKinney was born into an Army family at Fort Leavenworth, Kan. She grew up at various Army posts and also accompanied her father to the Philippines. There she met Carl Fish McKinney, an Army officer whom she married and who retired as a colonel. She accompanied him to various military posts in the United States and also to Austria.

Mrs. McKinney lived in San Antonio before moving to the Army Distaff Hall and she moved to El Paso when she left it.

She was a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution and All Saints Episcopal Church in Washington.

Her husband died in 1954. Survivors include a daughter, Elizabeth McKinney Woods of El Paso; four grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.

ROXY ANN BOARDMAN, 88, a retired auditor with the Internal Revenue Service, died of cardiac arrest Dec. 6 at a nursing home in Toledo.

Miss Boardman was born in North Baltimore, Ohio, and moved to Washington when she was a young woman.

She worked more than 40 years for the IRS before her retirement as an auditor in 1961.

She lived in Washington until she entered the nursing home in Toledo 2 1/2 months ago.

There are no immediate survivors.