Albert P. Morano, 79, a Connecticut Republican who served in the House of Representatives from 1951 to 1959, died Dec. 16 at a hospital in Greenwich, Conn., after a stroke.

Mr. Morano was one of the Republicans who persuaded Clare Boothe Luce to run for Congress in the early 1940s, and he served as her assistant during her two terms in the House from 1943 to 1947. He was chairman of the Connecticut State Unemployment Commission before he ran for Congress in 1950.

After Mr. Morano lost his bid for a fifth term in 1958, he clashed with other Republicans over control of the party in Fairfield County. He resigned from the Greenwich Republican Town Committee and later took a job as an assistant to Connecticut's Democratic senator Thomas J. Dodd. He rejoined the Republican Party in 1971.

A native of Paterson, N.J., Mr. Morano grew up in Greenwich.

Survivors include his wife, Millicent Morano of Greenwich; one son, Anthony Morano of Sylvania, Ohio; one brother, Eugene Morano of Norwalk, Conn.; two sisters, Josephine Ritch of Greenwich and Stella Rodgers of San Francisco, and six grandchildren.


82, retired head of the financial reports and statistics section of the Federal Power Commission, died of cancer Dec. 15 at his home in Takoma Park.

Mr. Sisk was born in Barnesboro, Pa. He moved to this area and went to work for the Federal Power Commission about 1935. He retired in 1970.

Survivors include his wife of 50 years, Alma D. Sisk of Takoma Park; two daughters, Kathleen S. Rohrbaugh of Silver Spring and Anne Sisk of Takoma Park; one son, the Very Rev. Mark S. Sisk of Evanston, Ill., and eight grandchildren.


39, who owned and operated Oriental rug shops in Rockville and elsewhere, died of cancer Dec. 18 at Sibley Memorial Hospital.

Mr. Bholat, who lived in Rockville, was born in Karachi. He moved to the Washington area in 1971 after having attended college in Burma.

For about the last 10 years he had owned and operated Oriental Rug Importers and Distributors in Rockville and owned other Oriental rug shops in Virginia Beach, Charlotte, N.C., and Baltimore.

Survivors include his wife, Ophelia Bholat, and his parents, Ayoob and Amina Bholat, all of Rockville.


76, a retired electrician and a member of Local 26 of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, died Dec. 15 at a hospital in St. Petersburg, Fla., after a heart attack.

Mr. Horstkamp, who moved from the Washington area to St. Petersburg in 1974, was born in Washington and graduated from Catholic University. He became an electrician in 1936.

During World War II, he served in the Navy in the Pacific. He was recalled to active duty and served in Korea during the war there. From the late 1950s through the early 1970s, he had numerous jobs as project superintendent for various building contractors. He retired in 1974.

Survivors include his wife of 45 years, Louise M. Horstkamp of St. Petersburg, and one sister, Anna M. McCarthy of Chevy Chase.


44, a former member of the fund-raising staff of the Washington office of the American Cancer Society and an area director of the American Heart Association in Florida, died of an aneurysm Dec. 16 at her home in Daytona Beach, Fla.

Mrs. Jecko was born in Brooklyn, N.Y. She grew up in the Washington area and graduated from Walter Johnson High School in Bethesda. She attended Miami University in Ohio.

During the 1970s, she worked for the Bethesda Chamber of Commerce and the American Cancer Society. She had worked for the American Heart Association since moving to Florida in 1981.

Her marriage to Michael Jecko ended in divorce.

Survivors include two children, Scott Jecko of Daytona Beach and Audrey Jecko of Olney; her father, Fletcher Knebel of Honolulu; one brother, Jack G. Knebel of San Francisco, and one grandson.


76, a retired registered nurse and a member of the Brethren Church in Hyattsville, died of cardiorespiratory arrest Dec. 17 at the Southern Maryland Hospital Center in Clinton.

Mrs. Long, a resident of Clinton, was born in Bridgewater, Va. She moved to Washington in 1929 and trained as a nurse at the George Washington University School of Nursing and earned a diploma as a registered nurse.

In 1930s, she worked at various hospitals in Washington, including Gallinger Hospital, now D.C. General Hospital, and Children's Hospital. In the 1940s she worked at St. Elizabeths Hospital and the State Department. She was a private duty nurse when she retired about 1976.

Her marriage to Pasquale Gesuero ended in divorce and she resumed use of her maiden name.

Survivors include two sons, Vincent and Louis Gesuero, both of Clinton; one brother, Arlie Long of Port Richey, Fla., and two grandchildren.


70, an archivist who worked 34 years at the National Archives before he retired in 1983, died of a heart ailment Dec. 18 at Arlington Hospital.

Mr. Mosholder, who lived in Arlington, was born in Somerset, Pa. He attended Geneva College for two years and then served in the Civilian Conservation Corps. He later graduated from Otterbein College.

He was a conscientious objector during World War II, and served in alternate service camps on Maryland's Eastern Shore and in Florida and Tennessee.

After the war he moved to the Washington area and went to work at the National Archives where he was assigned to the judicial, fiscal and social branch. In retirement Mr. Mosholder did volunteer work on archives for the Arlington library. He was a member of the Friends Meeting of Washington.

Survivors include his wife, Mary A. Mosholder of Arlington; one son, Andrew Mosholder of Charlottesville, and one sister, Wilma Mosholder of Swarthmore, Pa.


84, a retired Chevy Chase real estate broker who also had coached high school basketball in Washington, died of pneumonia Dec. 16 at the Carroll Manor Nursing Home in Hyattsville.

Mr. Keppel was born in Washington. He graduated from Gonzaga College High School and Mount St. Mary's College.

Before his retirement in 1980 he was an independent real estate broker working from his home in Chevy Chase. During the 1940s and 1950s he coached city championship basketball teams at Roosevelt and Eastern High schools. He also had been a referee at high school and college basketball games in this area.

Mr. Keppel was a member of Congressional Country Club and the Touchdown Club. Upon his retirement he moved to Fort Lauderdale, but he returned to this area and entered the nursing home in 1982.

Survivors include his wife, Mary Eleanor Keppel of Fort Lauderdale; one son, John D. Keppel of Kensington; two daughters, Margaret M. Kelley of Chevy Chase and Catherine A. Bishop of Fairfax, and three grandchildren.


80, a retired attorney with the U.S. Postal Service, died of cancer Dec. 11 at the Howard University Hospital. She lived in Washington.

Miss St. Louis was born in Grenada. She grew up in New York City and moved to the Washington area in 1941. During the early 1940s, she was a secretary with the Army Corps of Engineers.

She attended night school and graduated from Howard University, where she also received a law degree. During the 1950s, she had a private practice in tax and real estate law. In 1964, she joined the legal staff of what became the Postal Service. She retired about 1975.

Miss St. Louis was a member of Holy Comforter Episcopal Church in Washington. She also had served as vice president of the board of the Episcopal Center for Children and had been United Thank Offering Custodian for the Episcopal Church Women. She was a member of the D.C. League of Women Voters, the Caribbean American Intercultural Association and the National Association of Black Women Attorneys.

She leaves no immediate survivors.


81, retired head of the department of civil engineering at the University of Maryland, died of pulmonary failure Dec. 17 at Holy Cross Hospital.

Dr. Looney was on the engineering faculty at Maryland from 1958 until he retired in 1972. In retirement he had been a volunteer research fellow at the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of American History.

A resident of Silver Spring, he was born in Liverpool, England. He moved to Lawton, Okla., shortly after World War I. He graduated in 1932 from what was then the Carnegie Institute of Technology. He then taught engineering at the University of North Carolina and the University of Illinois. He earned a doctorate in engineering at the University of Illinois.

During World War II, Dr. Looney did military research at the Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory. He taught at Yale University before joining the Maryland faculty.

He was a charter member of the Society for Industrial Archeology and a life member of the American Society of Civil Engineers.

Survivors include his wife of 50 years, Kathryn A. Looney of Silver Spring.