43, former director of the Maryland Mental Hygiene Administration who since 1985 had been clinical director of psychiatry at Howard County General Hospital, died of lymphoma Jan. 27 at the National Cancer Institute of the National Institutes of Health.

At the time of his death, Dr. Karahasan also was director of the division of community and rehabilitative psychiatry at the University of Maryland Hospital in Baltimore.

As director of the Maryland Mental Health Administration from 1981 to 1985, he established a network of emergency mental health services at community hospitals throughout Maryland. He also coordinated training programs for police, paramedics and nurses.

A resident of Ellicott City, Dr. Karahasan was born in Istanbul. He received his medical degree and a doctorate in biochemistry from Hacettepe University. He did a residency in psychiatry at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago and from 1971 to 1973 had a fellowship in child psychiatry at the University of Maryland Hospital in Baltimore.

In the late 1970s, he was director of children's residential services at the University of Maryland Hospital, director of psychiatric research and a member of the board of governors at the Maryland Psychiatric Research Center in Catonsville. He was deputy director of the Maryland Mental Health Administration.

He published several articles on child and adult psychiatry. He received a Meritorious Award from the Maryland Association of Psycho-Social Services, a Significant Achievement Award from the American Psychiatric Association and a Presidential Commendation from the Maryland Occupational Therapy Association.

Survivors include his wife, Gunes, two daughters, Yesim and Denise, and one son, John, all of Ellicott City; his parents, Turkish Army Col. and Mrs. Mehmet Karahasan of Istanbul, and one sister, Nur Karahasan of Hawaii.


64, a partner in D&J Enterprises, a minority-owned real estate development and management firm, and a former supervisor in the fiscal accounting division of the Navy Department, died of cancer Jan. 27 at Howard University Hospital.

Mrs. Moore was the wife of senior Judge Luke Charles Moore of D.C. Superior Court and was active in numerous professional wives organizations. She was a past treasurer of the Lawyers Wives of the District of Columbia, the Barristers Wives of the District of Columbia and The Friends, another organization of lawyers' wives.

She also was a member of the Promethean Wives, a civic group, and the Omega Wives, an auxiliary of the Omega Psi Phi fraternity.

Mrs. Moore, who lived in Washington, was born in Malvern, Ark. She moved to Washington in 1941 and graduated from Howard University.

In 1971, having completed 20 years of service in the Navy Department, she began a career in real estate. She was president of Capital Builders and Developers Inc. until 1980, when she became a partner in D&J Enterprises, which has commercial and residential interests, principally in Washington.

Mrs. Moore was secretary of the Shaw Business and Professional Association. She also was a member of the Howard University Alumni Association and the President's Club, an organization of Howard supporters. She was a member of Calvary Episcopal Church.

In addition to her husband, of Washington, survivors include one son, Charles Michael Moore of Washington; two sisters, Mildred Aings of Washington and Henrietta Jones of Malvern, and one brother, Frank Robertson of Oxnard, Calif.


61, a charter member of the parish of St. Jude's Catholic Church in Rockville and a classroom teacher in the St. Jude's parish school from 1969 to 1972, died at Suburban Hospital Jan. 26 after a heart attack.

Mrs. Mullin, a resident of Rockville, was born in New York City. She graduated from St. John's University. She moved to the Washington area in 1952.

She was a member of the St. John's University alumni association.

Survivors include her husband, Joseph A. Mullin of Rockville; three children, Lynn M. Heilman of Carrollton, Tex., Joseph Mullin of Burlington, Mass., and William W. Mullin of Atlanta, and four grandchildren.


81, a former librarian at the University of Pittsburgh who lived in Springfield, died Jan. 20 at the Seventh Ward General Hospital in Hammond, La. She was visiting family when she was stricken.

Mrs. Culberson was born in Fort Wayne, Ind. She graduated from Ball State University and was a secretary and librarian in Pittsburgh before moving to the Washington area in 1962. From 1973 to 1984, when she settled in Springfield, she lived in Fredericksburg, Va.

Her husband, George W. Culberson, died in 1987.

Survivors include five children, George W. Culberson Jr. of Mukilteo, Wash., Wayne B. Culberson of Waldhausen, West Germany, Amy C. Cox of Fluker, La., Janet I. Doig of Belhaven, N.C., and John C. Culberson of Springfield; 15 grandchildren, and five great-grandchildren.