Rabbi Seymour Siegel, 60, who was executive director of the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Council from 1982 to 1985, died Feb. 24 at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City. He had a stroke and a circulatory ailment.

Since 1986, Rabbi Siegel had been a member of the Holocaust Memorial Council. During his years as executive director, he initiated fund-raising efforts for the Holocaust Museum in Washington.

A resident of New York City, Rabbi Siegel was a professor of ethics and theology at Jewish Theological Seminary there, and for 10 years he had been chairman of the Committee on Jewish Law for the Rabbinical Council of America.

He was author of a book, "Conservative Judaism and Jewish Law."

Rabbi Siegel was a native of Chicago and a graduate of the University of Chicago. He received his rabbinical training at Jewish Theological Seminary where he received a doctorate in Hebrew literature.

In 1976 and 1977, he was a research fellow at the Kennedy Institute for Bioethics at Georgetown University. He had served on the President's Commission for the Study of Ethical Problems in Medicine and Biomedical Behavioral Research in 1982 and 1983. In 1981, he was a Woodrow Wilson Fellow. He also had been a visiting professor at George Washington University.

Rabbi Siegel had been active in the Republican Party, and in 1973 delivered the invocation at the second inauguration of President Nixon.

Survivors include his mother, Jeannette Pollin of New York City, and one brother, Allen G. Siegel of Washington.

NATALIE HARLAN DAVIS Artist and Reston Resident

Natalie Harlan Davis, 90, an artist who had lived in Reston since moving to the Washington area in 1971, died Feb. 18 at the Fairfax Nursing Center in Fairfax after a stroke.

She was a member of the Potomac Valley Water Colorists.

Miss Davis studied at the Philadelphia College of Art and the Academy of Fine Arts, both in her native Philadelphia. She was an artist with the Bronx Botanical Gardens, the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens and the University of Illinois.

She leaves no immediate survivors.


Member of Quaker Groups

Elsie McNeil, 82, an area resident since 1966 who was active in Quaker organizations, died of cancer Feb. 21 at the Friends House retirement home in Sandy Spring.

Mrs. McNeil was born in England and was a teacher there before moving to the United States in 1966. Until the mid-1970s, she was the chief of clothing relief operations of the Friends Meeting of Washington. She was a volunteer at the Washington Peace Center and the Davis House, a church hospitality home here.

In the 1970s, Mrs. McNeil returned to England for a year, and also spent four years in Japan. She was a volunteer at the World Friendship Center in Hiroshima and also worked as an English-language instructor.

Mrs. McNeil was a member of the Friends Meeting of Washington and a past member of Calvary Methodist Church in Washington.

Survivors include her husband, Gelston McNeil of Sandy Spring.


Information Officer

Leonard W. Mosby, 80, who was a government information officer for 33 years before retiring in 1968 as information chief of the Army Corps of Engineers, died of cardiac arrest Feb. 23 at his home in Rockville.

Mr. Mosby was born in Grandview, Ind. In 1927 he went to Charleston, W.Va., where he worked as a reporter and later as assistant city editor for the Charleston Gazette.

He came to Washington in 1935 to direct public relations for the West Virginia State Works Progress Administration. Later he headed the public information office of the National Bituminous Coal Commission. During World War II, he was information director of the Interior Department's solid fuels administration. He was chief information officer with the Bureau of Reclamation before joining the Corps of Engineers in 1953.

From 1959 to 1960, he served on the staff of the Senate Select Committee on Water Resources. He was twice given the Army Department's Meritorious Civilian Service Award.

Survivors include his wife of 58 years, Jessie W. Mosby, and a daughter, June M. Conte, both of Rockville; a sister, Anna Mosby of Cincinnati; a brother, James, of Grandview; two grandchildren, and four great-grandchildren.


Fairfax Teacher

Miriam Maxwell, 45, a substitute teacher with the Fairfax County public elementary schools for the past nine years who was active in cultural groups, died of cardiac arrest Feb. 21 at her home in McLean.

Mrs. Maxwell, who moved here in 1975, was a native of Manchester, Iowa. She was a graduate of California State University at Northridge.

She had been a docent at the Smithsonian Institution and an intern at the Archive of Folk Song at the Library of Congress. She also had been a volunteer usher at Wolf Trap Farm Park. She was a member of the Folklore Society of Greater Washington and the American Association of University Women. She attended Rock Spring Congregational Church in Arlington.

Survivors include her husband, Jim, and two sons, David and Nathan Maxwell, all of McLean; her parents, Stanley and Alberta Gardner of Burbank, Calif., and two brothers, Gary Gardner of Whittier, Calif., and Layton Gardner of Irvine, Calif.


Retired Contracting Official

William G. DeWitt, 85, who had worked for the George Hyman Construction Co. for nine years before retiring in 1981 as a subcontracting manager, died Feb. 21 at Sibley Memorial Hospital after a stroke. He lived in Chevy Chase.

Mr. DeWitt, who moved here in 1972, was a native of Florida. He had lived in North Carolina and retired as partner in a general contracting concern in St. Petersburg, Fla., before moving here.

Survivors include his wife, Lynn, of Chevy Chase; two daughters, Glenna Osnos of Bethesda and Janis Rego of Bermuda; a brother, Bruce, of Clearwater, Fla., and four grandchildren.

INEZ E. JENKINS Administrative Assistant

Inez E. Jenkins, 97, a retired administrative assistant at the Navy Department's Bureau of Ships, died of cardiopulmonary arrest Feb. 22 at Mount Vernon Nursing Center in Alexandria.

Miss Jenkins, who lived in Alexandria, was born in Fairfax and attended St. Mary's Academy in Alexandria.

She was a secretary to Alexandria Municipal Court Judge J.K.M. Norton, then went to work at the Bureau of Ships after he died in 1928. She retired in 1960.

She had traveled extensively.

There are no immediate survivors.