Charles Billingslea, 75, a retired Army major general and a veteran of World War II and the Korean War, died of emphysema March 14 at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. He lived in Oxford, Md. Gen. Billingslea was born in Chicago. He graduated from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, N.Y., in 1936. He served with paratrooper units during World War II and participated in the assault landing in Algiers. He later was assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division in North Africa and served with that unit in Sicily, Italy, England, and in the Central European Campaign. He was chief of staff of the 82nd Airborne at the close of the war. In 1949 he became a faculty member at the Command and General Staff College at Fort Leavenworth, Kan. He later was on the faculty at the Army War College. He was assigned to Korea in 1950 and studied at the Army War College in 1952. From 1953 to 1956, he was chief of plans at Supreme Headquarters, Allied Powers in Europe (SHAPE) in Paris. Gen. Billingslea attended the National War College in 1957 and 1958 and later became deputy director of the European Region of the Defense Department's International Security Affairs section. He was chief of staff of the Eighth Army in Korea from 1961 to 1962. He had assignments at Fort Bragg, N.C., and at Fort Benning, Ga., before retiring in 1966 as deputy commanding general of the Army Combat Development Command at Fort Belvoir. He moved from Washington to Oxford in 1981. His decorations include the Distinguished Service Cross, the Army's second highest award for bravery in combat, and the Distinguished Service Medal. Survivors include his wife, the former Bettina Louise Hill of Oxford; a son, Charles Billingslea IV of Macon, Ga., and a sister, Mabel Greame Billingslea Brooks of Santa Rosa, Calif. WENDELL KEENEY Piano Teacher Wendell Keeney, 85, a composer and piano teacher who with his wife had operated his own studio at his home in Washington from 1959 until retiring in 1987, died of congestive heart failure March 10 at Suburban Hospital. Mr. Keeney, who moved here in 1959, was born in Indiana and grew up in Buffalo. He was a graduate of the Juilliard School in New York City and also had studied in Europe with Nadia Boulanger. From 1935 until retiring in 1958, he was a professor and music department chairman of Furman University in South Carolina. Survivors include his wife Mona, of Washington. EDYTHE ELANOR STAUFFER Reston Resident Edythe Elanor Stauffer, 72, a Washington area resident since 1979, died March 14 of congestive heart failure at Reston Community Hospital. She lived in Reston. Mrs. Stauffer was a native of Lancaster, Pa., and moved to Mechanicsburg, Pa., when she was 17. She was a wife and mother, and from 1958 to 1962 she ran a motel there. She moved to Annapolis in 1979 and helped her daughter, Ann L. McNeish, start the Chanticleer Shop, a home accessories and gift store in Fairfax. She moved to Reston in 1984. Her husband, Earl W. Stauffer, whom she married in 1933, died in 1958. Survivors include her daughter Ann of Oakton; four sisters, Hazel Ruhl of Leola, Pa., Mildred Butler of New Port Richey, Fla., and Betty Neiss and Arlene Thomas of Lancaster; a brother, Samuel Powell of Jonesboro, Ga., and two grandchildren. FORREST McCAIN Tabernacle Echoes President Forrest McCain, 50, president of the Tabernacle Echoes gospel ensemble and Class International and a budget analyst with the Department of the Interior, died March 14 of pneumonia at Tidewater Memorial Hospital in Tappahannock, Va. He lived in Upper Marlboro. Mr. McCain had been president of Class International, a Washington promotion and recording company, since 1984. He joined Tabernacle Echoes in 1956 after moving to the Washington area as clerk typist with Interior. The group has recorded seven albums and performed on radio and television and in concert at Washington area churches, the Kennedy Center, Lisner Auditorium, Ford's Theatre, Constitution Hall, Lorton Correctional Complex and in Virginia, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Mr. McCain was a native of Milton, N.C. He served in the Army from 1963 to 1965. Survivors include four brothers, Winfred McCain of Philadelphia, Thomas McCain of Washington, King McCain Jr. of Brooklyn, N.Y., and Douglas McCain of Danville, Va., and three sisters, Helen Watkins of Danville, Cleota Jeffreys of Milton, and Drusilla McCain of Washington. ROWLAND K. QUINN JR. Mediation Board Executive Rowland K. Quinn Jr., 63, a retired executive director of the National Mediation Board, died of cancer March 14 at his home in Washington. Mr. Quinn was born in Auburndale, Fla. and grew up in Bangor, Maine. During World War II, he served in the Army Air Forces in Europe as a gunnery instructor. He graduated from the University of Miami in Florida in 1950 and joined the Eastern Air Lines as a steward. From 1953 to 1964, he was president and chief negotiator of what became the Flight Attendants Union. He joined the NMB mediation board in 1965 in Chicago. He transferred to the Washington area in 1970 and became executive director of the organization in 1974. He retired in 1986. Survivors include his father, Rowland K. Quinn Sr., and a sister, Betty B. Smith, both of Windham, Maine.