John "The Tooz" Matuszak, 38, the former hard-hitting, hard-living defensive lineman with the Oakland Raiders who played on two Super Bowl teams before turning to an acting career, died June 17 at St. Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, Calif. He was stricken at his home and was taken by paramedics to the hospital, where he died at 9:39 p.m., a hospital spokesman said. An autopsy was inconclusive and further tests were scheduled. A preliminary police investigation found no signs of foul play, said a police spokesman. At 6-foot-9, Mr. Matuszak, who played with the Raiders from 1976 to 1981, was an imposing sight on the field, staring down opponents with a black-bearded scowl before shooting off the defensive line with great speed for his 280 pounds. His aggressive play and tough attitude embodied the spirit of the Oakland Raiders in the years they were called the Evil Empire and helped win the team Super Bowl victories in the 1976 and 1980 seasons. After sitting out the 1982 season in Los Angeles, where the Raiders moved that year, with an injury, he retired to pursue full time an acting career in which he had dabbled while a player. He generally played the tough guy in guest spots in film and television. His movie credits included "North Dallas Forty," "Caveman" and "Ice Pirates." He appeared on such TV shows as "M*A*S*H," "Trapper John, M.D." and "The Fall Guy." He starred in a short-lived 1985 prime-time television series, "Hollywood Beat," playing George Grinsky, a huge gay informant whose business was used by undercover cops working in Hollywood. Mr. Matuszak also wrote his autobiography, "Cruisin' With The Tooz." He was born John Daniel Matuszak in Oak Creek, Wis. He was an all-state defensive end his senior year of high school. He started his college career at the University of Missouri, then transferred to the University of Tampa. The Houston Oilers made him the No. 1 pick in the 1973 National Football League draft. A year later, he signed with the Houston Texans of the World Football League, where he played briefly before he was served an injunction obtained by the Oilers. He was traded to the Kansas City Chiefs for Curley Culp and a No. 1 draft choice. Before the 1976 season, the Chiefs traded him to the Washington Redskins, where he was cut two weeks later. He then joined the Raiders as a free agent just before the second game of the 1976 season. Mr. Matuszak's off-field antics often gained him as much notoriety as his play. He made sports page headlines when he violated team curfew by partying in New Orleans the night before the Raiders beat the Philadelphia Eagles 27-10 in the 1981 Super Bowl. His wild partying eventually landed him in court. On June 5, 1986, an Alameda County (Calif.) Superior Court jury ruled in his favor when he was sued for $1.5 million by two persons, one a male stripper, who accused the former defensive end of beating him up in a barroom brawl. Mr. Matuszak's lawyer argued that he was being made a scapegoat because of his fame and financial success. C. GRANT STETTER FBI Agent, Administrative Law Judge C. Grant Stetter, 74, a former Washington lawyer and FBI agent who served as an administrative law judge with the Social Security Administration in Flint, Mich., from 1973 to 1982, died June 10 at a hospital in Shallotte, N.C., after stroke. Mr. Stetter, who lived in Calabash, N.C., worked for the FBI here for 16 years before retiring in 1952. He then engaged in the private practice of law in Washington until becoming an administrative law judge. He was a graduate of the Powell Business School in his native Scranton, Pa., and Catholic University law school. He came to Washington in 1936 when he joined the FBI as a special agent. He was supervisor of the criminal informant program when he left to become a partner in the firm of Tyler & Stetter. He had lived in North Carolina since 1982. He was a golfer and a member of the Society of Former Agents of the FBI. His marriage to Patricia Ann Stetter ended in divorce. His second wife, Patricia Beaumont Stetter, died in 1987. Survivors include two children by his first marriage, Nancy Stetter Graham and Grant Hamilton Stetter, both of Falls Church; two stepsons, Navy Capt. Carter Reso and Navy Cmdr. Ian Reso, both of Virginia Beach; a stepdaughter, Patricia Lee Reso of Chicago, and one grandchild. Helen P. Spencer Scouting Official Helen Page Spencer, 74, a former longtime official and volunteer with the Girl Scouts of America, died of pneumonia June 16 at Howard County General Hospital in Columbia. She had lived in Columbia since 1983. Mrs. Spencer was a native of Putney, Vt., and a graduate of the American International College in Springfield, Mass. A Girl Scout herself from 1924 until 1933, Mrs. Spencer later was an official and volunteer with the organization in Massachusetts from the mid-1930s until 1943. Later during World War II, she served with the Coast Guard in Charleston, S.C. She moved to Silver Spring in 1956 and continued with the Scouts here as a troop leader trainer, a troop leader and as a member of the board of directors of the Girl Scout Council of the Nation's Capital in the early 1980s. In Silver Spring's Oak View community where she had lived for 27 years, Mrs. Spencer was a founder of the citizens association and the community pool. She was also a member of Good Shepherd United Methodist Church in Silver Spring. Survivors include her husband of 43 years, Kenneth Spencer, of Columbia; a daughter, Susan Elliker, of Norfolk; a son, William Spencer, of Columbia, a brother, Tracy Page, of Farmington, Conn., and four grandchildren. ELIZABETH H. (BETTY) CLARK Defense Department Secretary Elizabeth H. (Betty) Clark, 66, a longtime Arlington resident who was a secretary with the Department of Defense for 30 years until she retired in the early 1970s, died of cancer June 17 at Anne Arundel Medical Center in Annapolis. She had lived in Annapolis since 1988. Mrs. Clark was a native of Washington and a graduate of Washington-Lee High School in Arlington. She attended James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Va. During World War II, she worked here as a driver with the American Red Cross. She was a member of the Mary Washington chapter No. 50 of the Order of the Eastern Star, the McLean chapters of the National Association of Retired Federal Employees and the American Association of Retired Persons, the Department of Defense garden and antique clubs and the Annapolis Lioness Club. She was a past president of the Arlington Northwest Lioness Club. Survivors include her husband of 47 years, George O. Clark, of Annapolis; two daughters, Karen Coffman, of Annapolis, and Laurie Richardson, of Richmond; a brother, E. Gordon Hershey, of Ocala, Fla., and three grandsons. EARLE W. GRIFFITH Air Cargo Accountant Earle W. Griffith, 72, an official with Alexandria Masonic groups who was a retired accountant, died June 14 at Mount Vernon Hospital in Alexandria after a stroke. He lived in Alexandria. Mr. Griffith was a native of Washington and a graduate of George Mason High School in Falls Church. He earned his accounting degree from Southeastern University in Washington. During World War II, he served with the Army Air Forces in England. He was an accountant with Air Cargo Inc. of Washington for 35 years until he retired in 1979. With the Masons, Mr. Griffith was a Royal Patron of the Order of the Amaranth, Alexandria Court No. 7; past master of the Alexandria Washington Lodge No. 22; past commander of the Old Dominion Commandry No. 11; and past patron of the Martha Washington Chapter No. 42, Order of the Eastern Star. He also belonged to the Scottish Rite, Kena Temple Shrine and the Royal Arch. He was also a member of Mount Vernon United Methodist Church in Alexandria. Survivors include his wife, Louise B. Griffith of Alexandria; a son, E. Wayne, of Leesburg; a daughter, Earlene L. Walton of Arlington, Tex.; two sisters, Gertrude Robey of Alexandria, and Thelma Rogers of Winchester, Va.; and six grandchildren.