Charles Andrew Sullivan, 69, a retired special assistant for national security affairs at the Department of the Treasury and a retired president and board chairman of Charles A. Sullivan Associates Inc., a defense contractor, died of cardiopulmonary arrest on June 10 at Georgetown University Hospital.

Mr. Sullivan was a lifelong Washington resident. He graduated from Central High School and George Washington University. He joined the Treasury Department in the late 1930s as an economist. During World War II, he served in the Army Air Forces in Europe.

After the war, he worked at the Treasury until transferring to the Defense Department in 1948. He was director there of the Office of Special International Affairs in 1957 when he became assistant director of the Office of Civil and Defense Mobilization.

In 1959, he transferred to the State Department, and in 1961 he returned to the Treasury.

In 1967, Mr. Sullivan became president and board chairman of the Hispano Corp. of America, a Washington investment firm. In 1970, he established his own company. He retired in 1980. Until 1987, he was a consultant at Martin Marietta Corp. in Bethesda.

His marriage to Katharine McCarthy Sullivan ended in divorce.

Survivors include his wife, Margaret Bailor Sullivan of Westminster, Md.


DIA Employee

Winifred H. Kinnahan, 88, a retired employee of the Defense Intelligence Agency who was active in church and volunteer groups, died of a heart ailment on June 12 at her home in Washington.

Mrs. Kinnahan was a native of Washington and graduate of Strayer business school. She spent three years as a Navy yeomanette, enlisting when she was 17, and serving briefly during World War I. She was a Navy Department secretary from 1941 to 1950.

In 1955, she returned to the government as a secretary with the old Army Map Service. In 1964, she transferred to the DIA, retiring as a research analyst in 1969.

Mrs. Kinnahan was a member of Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church in Washington, where she belonged to the sodality, altar society and St. Jude's Guild. She also had worked on campaigns to build both the church and the school. She had done volunteer work with Meals-on-Wheels.

Her husband, Joseph A., died in 1970. Survivors include five sons, Joseph, of Poolesville, James, of Vienna, Matthew, of Beltsville, and Thomas and Michael, both of Washington; four daughters, Margaret White of Jacksonville, Fla., Catherine Reed of Highland, Md., and Mary Ann Murphy and Patricia Kinnahan, both of Washington; a brother, James Holleran of Front Royal, Va.; and 23 grandchildren.


Public Relations Official

Lyle A. Brookover, 92, a retired public relations official and journalist, died of respiratory ailments on June 11 at Arlington Hospital.

Mr. Brookover, who lived in McLean, was born in Zanesville, Ohio, and attended Bethany College in West Virginia. He served in the Army during World War I and in the Army Air Forces during World War II. He was an officer in the Air Force reserves until 1958, when he retired as a lieutenant colonel.

He was a reporter for the Cleveland Plain Dealer in the 1920s. He came to Washington in 1937 to work in public relations for Chewter M. Wright & Associates and remained here until going on active duty with the Army Air Forces.

After the war, he was director of publicity for the National Rivers and Harbors Congress here until 1953, when he moved to Trenton, N.J., as director of publicity for the Trenton Trust Co. He retired in 1965 as assistant to the chairman of the board of the American Economic Foundation in New York, and he returned to the Washington area that year.

In 1968, Mr. Brookover was press liaison for the U.S. Olympic Committee at the Mexico City Olympics.

He was a member of the Air Force Association, the American Legion, the Army & Navy Club, the National Cathedral Association, and the Arts Club of Washington.

There are no immediate survivors.


Hospital Volunteer

Lillian Simpson Youry, 91, a former volunteer at the Alexandria Hospital Gift Shop and a member of the Susan Riviere Hepzelt chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution, died June 10 at a hospital in Norfolk after a stroke.

Mrs. Youry lived in Alexandria from 1940 until she returned to her native Norfolk in the late 1980s.

During World War II, she was a volunteer driver with the American Red Cross and later was a volunteer at the Alexandria Welfare Clinic.

Mrs. Youry had been a circle chairman and board member at the Presbyterian Meeting House in Alexandria. She had been a member of the Belle Haven Women's Club and a past president of the Belle Haven Garden Club. She was a member of the Virginia Committee of the National Society of Colonial Dames and the Northern Virginia Company of the Jamestown Society.

Her husband, Franklin Weems Youry, died in 1973. Survivors include three daughters, Mary Warfield Youry of Washington, Lillian Y. Golbranson of Alexandria, and Gay Y. Green of Norfolk; six grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.



George Andrew Campbell, 58, a retired photographer with the Naval Research Laboratory, died of cardiorespiratory arrest June 11 at his home in Laurel. He had a neurological disorder.

Mr. Campbell was born in Red Jacket, W.Va. He served in the Army as a photographer from 1949 until 1958. He then settled in the Washington area. He worked for several area photography studios over the next five years, including the Harris and Ewing studio in Washington.

In 1963, he became a photographer at the Naval Photographic Center in Washington. In the early 1970s, he transferred to the Naval Research Laboratory. He retired for health reasons in 1988.

Mr. Campbell was an amateur genealogist and a member of the Clan Campbell Society of the United States.

Survivors include his wife, Nancy Hackett Campbell, and a daughter, Ferrell Campbell, both of Laurel; a brother, Kent Campbell, and two sisters, Kay Cook and Kathy Beachless, all of Columbus, Ohio; and two grandchildren.



James Robert Coxen, 58, a retired printer who was a lifelong resident of the Washington area, died June 11 at the Anne Arundel Medical Center in Annapolis. He had heart and lung ailments.

Mr. Coxen, a resident of Shady Side, Md., was born in Washington. He graduated from McKinley Technical High School.

He worked for various job printing shops in the Washington area, including Artisan Type, before retiring about 1981. He was a member of Columbia Typographical Union No. 101.

His marriage to Dorothy Coxen ended in divorce.

Survivors include his wife, Pamela Coxen, and their three children, Christopher, Rachel and David Coxen, all of Shady Side; three children by his first marriage, James Robert Coxen Jr. of Potomac and Michael Coxen and Jean Koerber, both of Rockville; his mother, Ella Coxen of Safety Harbor, Fla.; one sister, Sister Anne Cecelia of Washington, and a grandson.


Program Analyst

Gerald Anthony Kelly, 52, a program analyst in the Commerce Department's economic development administration, died of cancer on June 11 at his home in Washington.

Mr. Kelly was a native of Peoria, Ill. He graduated from St. Bede College in Peru, Ill., and received a master's degree in theology from St. Paul Seminary in Minnesota.

He came to the Washington area in 1963 as a staff member at the National Liturgical Conference. From 1967 to 1976, he worked here as an independent management consultant. He then joined the Department of Commerce.

Survivors include his wife of 23 years, Joan Mary Kelly, and two daughters, Megan Eileen Kelly and Caitlin Anne Kelly, all of Washington; two sisters, Betty Vickrey of Niles, Ill., and Rosemary Kelly of Hoffman Estates, Ill.; and two brothers, the Rev. Thomas F. Kelly of Bartonville, Ill., and the Rev. Joseph J. Kelly of Normal, Ill.


Travel Executive

Thomas Anthony Rudzinski, 33, a founder, general manager and secretary-treasurer of Travel Central, a Silver Spring travel agency, died June 6 at his home in Washington. He had AIDS.

Mr. Rudzinski was born in North Tonawanda, N.Y. He moved to Washington in 1978 and worked for The Travel Office, a Washington travel agency, before starting Travel Central. He had a particular interest in arranging group tours of China.

Mr. Rudzinski was a member or supporter of The Whitman-Walker Clinic, the Human Rights Campaign Fund and the American Foundation for AIDS Research. He also collected art.

Survivors include his parents, Francis and Mildred Rudzinski of North Tonawanda, and four sisters, Kathryn Spearman and Karen Rudzinski, both of Laurel, Pam Yazdani of Oakton and Fran Acker of North Tonawanda.